Funny story

Monsoon
Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I had to share this here, as it's priceless

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/funny-story/511160
I was talking to a friend last night who works in a different practice in the same town as me. He told me that they took a 15 year old girl from the local secondary school on work experience for a week a couple of weeks ago (the daughter of a client).

Yesterday, the client phoned them and told them they were leaving. Asked if they were going to a different accountant they said no, their daughter was going to look after their affairs from now on as she had learned how to do the work during her week of work experience!!

:lol:

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    :lol:

Love it!
    Clearly a missed opportunity for us! We recently got one girl for work experience as well, but she worked for our local sales department, maybe we should fire all the sales people and take on the girl instead!

Surely with a customer like that you should be happy to get rid of them, as they clearly don't appreciate the work you do.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Or appreciate you taking the child on work experience, would like to see their next set of accounts :D
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    so ive been wasting my time doing the AAT and trying to find a full time accounts job? when all this time i could have just done one weeks work experience and i would be an expert! whoop! lol who knew? lol

on a (slightly) more serious note, what was she doing on her work experience that makes the parents believe she can do their accounts? lol whenever ive done work experience its mostly filing and tea making....
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

on a (slightly) more serious note, what was she doing on her work experience that makes the parents believe she can do their accounts? lol whenever ive done work experience its mostly filing and tea making....

I know, we were discussing it here - I guess the max I'd get a W/E person to do was some supervised data entry bookkeeping, and maybe watch a tax return being done. And make the tea.

And we went through all those years college for nothing, humph! :lol:
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I had to reply as that has made me smile!! We are all wasting our time studying then! I have been in my accounts job for 3 years and am still learning! :)
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I had to reply as that has made me smile!! We are all wasting our time studying then! I have been in my accounts job for 3 years and am still learning! :)
    Does that mean I can take a week off work, go do work experience and save all the money I am about to spend on level 3..........I don't think so!. Been working in finance most of my working life and realise I know nothing!!
  • PGM
    You just want to say to her parents "are you stupid?!"
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think I'm going to re-train as a lawyer - they earn pots of money.

Off to spend a week in London.

Catch up soon. :lol:

Annie xxxxx

....... truly inspired by a 15 year old!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • anniem
    Oh, sorry, I forgot to say that I'll be available the week after next offering the following services:

Divorce and family issues
    Wills
    Conveyancing
    Legal advice for arranging contracts
    Employment advice/litigation including Compromise agreements, redundancy advice and tribunerals
    and ANYTHING else that solicitors do - I'll know it all after next week!!!!!

And, I'll be charging at least ยฃ250 per hour :lol:

You know where to find me.
  • PGM
    anniem wrote: ยป
    And, I'll be charging at least ยฃ250 per hour :lol:

You'll have to drop your rates to about ยฃ10 per hour, considering how easy it is to learn!
  • anniem
    PGM wrote: ยป
    You'll have to drop your rates to about ยฃ10 per hour, considering how easy it is to learn!

But no, I'll know everything after a week ....... isn't that how it works???????
Privacy Policy