Completing EC Sales List

Sparkly
Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone out there has a good working knowledge of completing the EC Sales list? I have a bit of a query, it's a bit complicated!

Thanks

Kelly

Comments

• *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    I do them monthly for goods only. whats the problem?
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    It's one of those instances where I've been doing something for a couple of years and am now questioning if i'm doing it right!

I also complete the return monthly for goods, downloading the info I require from our accounts system. I have noticed that some transactions have both a 'shipped to party' and an 'end user' which in some instances are different. I'm trying to find out which is the correct one I should be reporting, maybe its really straight forward and i'm missing something, I've tried to search for clarification on the internet but am not getting anywhere.

Is there an obvious simple ruling I need to take in to account?
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    That doesn't relate to the transactions I deal with sorry.

Is it that there are different countries depending on the shipped to or end user? I would think the Tax number and country would be that of your customer regardless of the end user but probally best to check with HMRC.

Try the Business Link Website they have useful information on there.

Jo
  • oakley
    oakley Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor ⭐
    We have had the same queries with EC sales lists and Intratsat movements etc, we put on the EC sales list the shipped to location rather than the end user / billed location as it is a goods movement that should reconcile to the Intrastat return and Box 8/9 of the VAT return, have had no queries doing this from HMRC on their audits.
Privacy Policy