Photo ID

Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Can anyone confirm if a photo driving licence is sufficient form of ID for money laundering purposes.

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yes. That is sometimes all a person has in the form of photo ID. My problem comes when I have new clients with no passport and no photo driving licence. Any ideas on that one?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It depends on the risk level of the client. In most cases, yes, perfectly acceptable.
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    T.C. wrote: ยป
    My problem comes when I have new clients with no passport and no photo driving licence. Any ideas on that one?

You can get ID verification online. There are several companies offering the service, but they cost a few quid, and you need to get details & permission from the client first. Very easy to do though.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yep, we use amlsearch.co.uk, ยฃ5 per go.

You do need to get ID too as you ought to input this data into the electronic check so it has more to check against than just name and address - often without this it will come back as "referred" instead of "passed" so we take ID in all cases.

We only do e-checks for clients we have never met, or who are graded higher risk. Local customers usually only provide photo ID and recent proof of address (last 3 months, utility bill etc). I always get both, I've understood recent proof of address is advisable on top of photo ID - eg a passport will not have an address on it.
Privacy Policy