Sage 50

Options
Sandy Dog
Sandy Dog Registered Posts: 25 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Sage sent me an email a few days ago offering me a discount on the purchase of Sage 50, the offer closing today, Thursday. I only read it at about 5 pm so I spoke to them to ask for an extension. They said that the offer closed at 6 pm today but I think that they may extend the offer to me if I call them early tomorrow morning.

I have been considering buying Sage 50 for some time to learn from and use. Also I am looking to set up in business and what I really wanted to know is whether or not it is virtuallly essential to purchase if I am to set up in business.

Also, if I was dealing with a builder who has CIS deducted from his invoices, is it necessary to buy the CIS add-on or can I account for his CIS without needing the add-on.

Comments

• Lady Gaga
    Lady Gaga Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Sage

Hello Trevor, I don't think it is necessary to use Sage. Why don't you download the free trial version of VT+ its a lot cheaper than Sage and you get to use it for 60 days before you have to make your mind up. I actually prefer it to Sage now!

Best wishes
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Solar Accounts
    VT T+
    VT Cashbook
    Accounts Portal.

Don't even look at Sage, it's overpriced and its modern competitors blow it out of the water.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If you do decide to go for sage (another Solar supporter here! http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/offer/ALTE5043) you don't need the CIS add on. I create a dummy bank account called CIS deductions and use this to clear the CIS balance on customer ledgers then I'm left with a total for the year. Then I use another dummy bank account for any suppliers with CIS deductions.
  • Sandy Dog
    Sandy Dog Registered Posts: 25 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sage 50 - Thanks

Thanks to each one of you for your replies.

I have also heard from another source that accounting life goes on without sage. Sage want £560 + VAT so, even if Sage gave me a 50% discount, VT and Solar are quids in cheaper. I shall be giving both a trial before I choose.

Thanks Gem re your tip on CIS - I'll give that a go too.
Privacy Policy