Passed Costs & Revenues! Sorry Louise89!

Sulew17
Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Just wanted to let people know that I passed CRV but also want to warn anyone sitting this exam soon that it is completely different from the Practice Assessments and was, to be completely honest, the worst exam I have ever taken. Don't want to put people off but make sure you revise everything and not just the items that are on the practice cba's. Less than half the questions we had were on the practice cba's plus the layout was quite different. I really don't know how I passed but am glad I won't have to take this one again! Good luck to everyone taking this one soon.

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Congratulations on passing. Thanks for the warning I've got that one to come yet
  • Luciana
    Luciana Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
    Congratulations!
  • Sulew17
    janwal wrote: Β»
    Congratulations on passing. Thanks for the warning I've got that one to come yet

Good luck Jan - I'm sure you'll do well.

Su
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Congratulations to everyone ! Time to put the books away for the festive season and enjoy a well deserved break...
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Would be nice to put the books away but I'm sitting a CBA on 4 January... mind you I'm guessing that most of the tv over Christmas will be repeats. I'm sure I can enjoy Christmas and revise too!

Congratulations to all who passed CRS/CMGT and other CBAs recently.

Have a great Christmas and as uknitty said, a well deserved break :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    Hi Jo

I've with you got AP1 on 10th Jan, so will have to do some work over Christmas and got some Business Tax homework for 3rd Jan.

Hope you have a good christmas

Jan:)
  • Jo Clark
    Thanks Jan!

You started Level 4 now - how is Business Tax going?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
    Costs and Revenues was the only exam that proved to be very difficult for me too. I don't know if AAT intentionally make that exam completely different from any of the practise ones and the Kaplan tuition notes. I had exactly the same feeling of horror sitting in the exam convinced I had failed. If you get through Costs and Revenues the rest of Level 3 is a breeze.
  • Sulew17
    Really Really Well Done!! I passed CRS too yesterday, and I totally agree with your comment, it was the worst one for me too. The questions were asked in such a different way to the practice cba's. And the bits that I had really stressed over revising didn't even appear in the exam (typical). I felt like there were extra little bits added into the questions that I wasn't sure whether I needed to include in my calculations, and bits that made you really think about what you were working out. Hard to explain really.

I had convinced myself that there was no way I had passed, and even thought half way through whether to just give up there and then and leave the exam room without continuing. Glad I stayed now! I was really scared to hit the Finish button lol. I didn't even want to be told my result, as I'd spent so much time revising, I would have been gutted to have failed. I nearly hugged the invigilator when he told me I had passed lol!! Poor man! lol

Best Christmas present so far this year I think!

Again, well done you - I know the immense relief you must be feeling! lol

My feelings exactly! When I was given the envelope with my results in I asked if I would want to open it! Imagine my relief when my tutor told me I did want to open it! I couldn't believe it as I was certain I'd failed. Never, ever want to have anything to do with Costs & Revenues again! This was quite literally the worst exam I have ever taken - even worse than Maths & Chemistry!

Well done to you too! Have a great Christmas and try to forget about the studying for a couple of weeks! We start Ethics and Spreadsheets in January so shouldn't be too bad!
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Su

Congratulations on your pass for Costs and Revenues...
    Sulew17 wrote: Β»
    Never, ever want to have anything to do with Costs & Revenues again!

You will find that Budgeting at level 4 is an extension to and builds on this module!

Have a great Christmas and New Year.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    Hi Jo

No still on level 3, they call VAT Business Tax as well.

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    Hi Jan

I did wonder, it was/is called Indirect Tax when I studied it.

How are you finding it?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    Hi Jo

Actually I think your right it is still Indirect Tax, I am actually enjoying it, I do a little on VAT at work but working for the NHS it is completely different. Just wish AP1 would stick in as well. Maybe now we have got Ethics out of the way it may be better, studying for 2 exams and a full time job doesn't seem to work too well.

Jan
  • Sulew17
    Jo Clark wrote: Β»
    Hello Su

Congratulations on your pass for Costs and Revenues...

You will find that Budgeting at level 4 is an extension to and builds on this module!

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Thanks Jo! Hope you have a great Christmas & New Year too
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Sulew17 wrote: Β»
    Just wanted to let people know that I passed CRV but also want to warn anyone sitting this exam soon that it is completely different from the Practice Assessments and was, to be completely honest, the worst exam I have ever taken. Don't want to put people off but make sure you revise everything and not just the items that are on the practice cba's. Less than half the questions we had were on the practice cba's plus the layout was quite different. I really don't know how I passed but am glad I won't have to take this one again! Good luck to everyone taking this one soon.

When I sat the exam at the start of the month I found that it was rather similar to the mocks.

Don't forget that the questions are randomly selected from a bank of questions, so that not everyone will sit the same exam.

I really enjoyed CRS.
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    I am seriously DREADING the CRV exam now, even more than I was previously....ughhh!!!!

Thankfully we haven't got our CRV until 8th February, but I WILL be revising in plenty of time before that. Got my AP1 re-sit to get out of the way on the 18th Jan and then (I think) we may have our AP2 at the end of Jan.....need to check that.

Well done Sue on passing (even though I already congratulated you on Facebook)....just to warn you now, that I will undoubtedly be overloading you PM with advice!!!! :)
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I didn't find the CRS module or exam too bad at all. To me, once I understood the concepts the rest of it is just maths really. I thought the exam was fairly similar to the mocks with just an odd question thrown in that was a bit different.
  • Sulew17
    Kirsty83 wrote: Β»
    I am seriously DREADING the CRV exam now, even more than I was previously....ughhh!!!!

Thankfully we haven't got our CRV until 8th February, but I WILL be revising in plenty of time before that. Got my AP1 re-sit to get out of the way on the 18th Jan and then (I think) we may have our AP2 at the end of Jan.....need to check that.

Well done Sue on passing (even though I already congratulated you on Facebook)....just to warn you now, that I will undoubtedly be overloading you PM with advice!!!! :)

More than happy to help (if I can) Kirsty. Good luck with AP 1 & 2 and speak soon.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    NicF wrote: Β»
    I didn't find the CRS module or exam too bad at all. To me, once I understood the concepts the rest of it is just maths really. I thought the exam was fairly similar to the mocks with just an odd question thrown in that was a bit different.

Agreed, I found this module a breeze once I understood the concepts.
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Well done!! I failed this one the first time... Going to have a resit in January hopefully!!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • Sulew17
    Louise89 wrote: Β»
    When I sat the exam at the start of the month I found that it was rather similar to the mocks.

Don't forget that the questions are randomly selected from a bank of questions, so that not everyone will sit the same exam.

I really enjoyed CRS.

You were really lucky Louise - everyone in my group complained afterwards how different the exam was to the mocks. I enjoyed learning the subject but hated the exam, altho my brain obviously retained more than I thought since I passed!

What exams have you got coming up?
Privacy Policy