13 exams to do yikes!!!!!!

omega man
omega man Registered Posts: 283
I have been shifted up to level 3 a term late and got alot of catching up to do.
I passed my BA1 last thursday and eager to get on and do BA2 and Costing.
I reckon i have six exams on level 2 and seven on level 3,well one down 12 to go.
I been in classes for 3 weeks so far and have my AP1 exam next week.
I sat a practice assessment tonight and passed no problem, so bring it on AAT and my tutors if you read this.
I could do with a study buddy or buddies if anyone is interested?
Β«1

Comments

• omega man
    Well passed my BA1 on Dec 1st and passed my BA2 on Dec 8th,i have my AP1 on Dec 14th and my Costing on Dec 15th.
    Lets hope its onwards and upwards.
  • omega man
    well passed my AP1 and basic costing,its now over to weaf part 1 and 2 on jan 4th and 5th
  • zaf1987
    zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Wow, how can you go so fat? are you working? are you working? i though i was fast, i been doing it for 4 weeks now
    and im ready to take basic costing and ba1 exam.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Time flies by.

I've got 11 to go for ACCA.
  • omega man
    Zaf 1987- I am being fast tracked through level 2, although it will slowdown after WEAF because i need tuition on sage 50.
    I am not working yet, but i have 15yrs experience in accounts already.
    I should do cost and revenues in january i reckon.
    Ak002- who are you learning with for your ACCA,although i feel i might go the CIMA route?
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    Time flies by.

I've got 11 to go for ACCA.

Time really does fly, just take them one at a time... I can't believe its over a year ago since I did my last exam!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Nah, I'm a 2 at a time kinda guy, lol.

Want them over ASAP.
  • omega man
    Well i had to delay my Weaf as my dad was taken seriously ill before xmas,i have now taken weaf part 1 though on jan 12th and part 2 is jan 19th.
    I have costs and revenues scheduled for feb 1st provisionally.
  • zaf1987
    zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    hope things go good omega man, things have slowed down for me. I was told by my ex uni that i need to re do a module, after having passed in order to graduate, so aat are taking a step back, i wish they werent, plus full time taking its
    toll.
  • omega man
    Zaf1987- Bad news about your uni asking you to re-do a module.

I have passed my Costs and Revenues tonight and now its AP2 and indirect tax which should be around easter time.
    I am still waiting for my Weaf results though.
  • omega man
    got news that i passed my WEAF exams,so onwards and upwards.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Congrats, who are you studying with? Which exams do you have left now?
  • omega man
    Louise89-I am studying with city of wolverhampton college,i have sage50 which is computerised accounting on level 2 and on level 3 i have AP2,indirect tax,cash management,spreadsheet software and professional ethics left to do.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Ah thats cool, I used to live in Wolves for a couple of years near West Park. :)
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

I also live In Wolverhampton. Let me know if you want to meet up at any time to exchange ideas about the course.
  • omega man
    geek 84- Hi just about to start my sage 50 today through until june,i am now at college 2 nights and one afternoon,happy to meet up and chat about the course,my college nights are tues+wed so any other nights would be cool, i live in town centre so i can get to most places easily.
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Omega Man

PM me when you have a few minutes and we can arrange a date, time, and place to met up.
  • omega man
    Well i passed my indirect tax exam last night and i have my AP2 scheduled for 22nd March.
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi omega man,

How did you find Indirect tax? Doing it at the moment, and am finding the de minimis limit stuff quite tricky, did that come up in the exam?
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Amy

I took indirect tax in January and no it didn't come up, the thing you really need to know is the VAT return as this is worth 50% of the mark so if you can do that your hopefully home and dry, the CBA is not much different from the practice

Jan
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi omega man,

How did you find Indirect tax? Doing it at the moment, and am finding the de minimis limit stuff quite tricky, did that come up in the exam?

Take a look at the practice cba, you get alot of information on each topic at the side, which can quite drastically reduce what you need to 'know by heart'. Deminimus limits would probably bein thers, as much more basic knowledge was (personally I always had to think carefully about whichway around input and output tax were, and that was covered so was one less thing to stress about).

Deminimus limits didn't come up in my exam either, and like Jan said, my exam was VERY similar to the practise one.
  • omega man
    Amy-Sorry to disappoint you all,but the deminimis rule did indeed come up in my exam.
    But it is a fairly easy rule to know and that is if you have a mix of standard rated and exempt goods you can claim the input tax back providing it is below a set amount or is insignificant or de minimis.
    Janwal-I had a fairly easy VAT return to fill out.They do try and catch you out though and you have to know your onions.
  • Joe Barraclough
    Joe Barraclough Registered Posts: 69 Epic contributor 🐘
    well done, your going quicker than me, no fair :p, i started to learn accounts in september and im on level 4 now doing my icas
  • omega man
    Joe- quicker than you? level 4? icas?
  • Joe Barraclough
    yh i am doing the icas before anything else in 4, didn't you start learning in december?

so since december i have got my level 2 and 3, so far 13 exams no fails :p and i have the rest booked by june
  • omega man
    Joe- No i started in September, i am only doing level 2+3 not sure yet about level 4.
  • Joe Barraclough
    yh i was like that but i decided whil ei was on a roll i should just go for 4 , ahhh so we started at the same time
  • omega man
    Well i have put off AP2 until April 3rd,but only in order to do cash management today instead,this was ahead of the rest of my college group.
    Not only did i pass, but i really smashed the exam exceeding expectations in 11/12 tasks and meeting min requirement in the 12th one.
    My AP2 will be done with the rest of my college group.
  • Joe Barraclough
    how do you know what u got specifically?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    how do you know what u got specifically?

Hello Joe

Your training provider should be able to provide a feedback report after you have sat the exam.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy