cost + revenues exam

brax
brax Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
I had my cost and revenues exam last week and im devastated I failed.
I know everyone does a different exam but there where a few questions I struggled with. In a budgeting question I
couldnt remember how to do the operating cost??? another question if the petrol company would be better using
hourly rate or how many miles they travelled...
Has anyone else had problems with this exam????

Comments

• Tjcgti
    Tjcgti Registered Posts: 40 Epic contributor 🐘
    Alright brax,

As soon as I started this book, I knew it was going to be a difficult one. There is quite a lot to learn from the book but not all of it is covered in the exam so you are having to learn loads. But thats unfortunatly Cost and Revenues as a lot is involved.
    You're not the only one who has had trouble as most of the people I have asked about this found this a tricky one.

Was your main problem just that you couldn't remember the formulas etc or was it the exam format? As some people do Practice Papers in a particular format then get to the Computer Based questions and it is in a completely different format so they are a bit unprepared in that way.
    But don't let it get you down and don't give up.
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I know the feeling! I too failed and I was gutted, as I heard people coming out saying that it was an easy exam. I think it was the layout that threw me, and the wording of the questions, which made me confused, and I managed to muddle up forumlas, and panic and forget the formulas! I am going to really revise hard for this one, and perhaps leave retaking it, to nearer the end when I have completed all of my other exams!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • lorettab
    lorettab Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Know the feeling! I did alot of study for this one, did the online AAT practise tests, felt fairly confident & then failed it last week! The questions on the actual exam were laid out/worded completely differently to the practise ones. One of the questions on apportionment was completely different with lots of information missing - when I came home I spent 2 hours looking through the osborne books to try and find a similar example and there isn't one! Got a re-take in Jan and am dreading it!
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Took this on 14th December and to my surprise I passed. I know a lot of the people in my group struggled with the exam although we / they had been fine with the classwork and practise assessments. It is a tricky one and I was thrown by a couple of questions that hadn't come up in any of the practise assessments or past papers that our tutor had given us.

The only advise I can give you is to memorise the formulas and make sure you revise everything because you just don't know what will come up. Also revise basic costing as LIFO & AVCO seemed to come up for everyone, as did apportionment.

Good luck & happy new year to all.
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Sulew17 wrote: »
    The only advise I can give you is to memorise the formulas and make sure you revise everything because you just don't know what will come up. Also revise basic costing as LIFO & AVCO seemed to come up for everyone, as did apportionment.

Sorry meant to say FIFO & AVCO not LIFO!
Privacy Policy