Suppliers that chase you for payments but they don't include bank details on invoices

Options
Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
How annoying is that!!!
Since the majority of payments nowdays are processed by bank transfers, suppliers should make sure they include their bank details on the invoices, if they want to be paid on time!

In the middle of the monthly payment runs, I have to leave behind those who haven't include their details and have to contact to request them...phonecalls, emails, faxes....and not always they even get back to you!!

But they expect payment within terms!! ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm often surprised how many crap invoices I receive from companies larger than ours that look awful, are missing vital information and not tax compliant. I guess you pay peanuts, you get monkeys...
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I agree some invoices we get in don't even have company telephone no on.

We still have to do a weekly cheque run to pay those that don't/won't supply bank details.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Some are a mixture of invoice / letter / statement
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I just pay any invoices where they don't state their bank details by cheque. It then takes a few days to get them signed as I have to travel to another office for signatories, and then by the time they receive the cheque in the post and bank it - they've probably received payment 2 weeks later than the suppliers we pay by BACS!

If I have to speak to a supplier about something else e.g. a query, I'll ask them for their bank details then but otherwise I won't phone to ask them just to ask for bank details, as I've found in the past (particularly as we deal with mostly small supplies) that the person you need to speak to is on lunch, away or not working that day!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    What surprises me is the number of suppliers who seem a little blank-expressioned when you mention paying by bank transfer, and surprised at being requested bank details. This happened personally recently for a tradesman on my house. I kept requesting bank details. In the end he got a cheque, posted second class... A business cheque, because god knows where my personal chequebook is, I don't use it! I think it was cheque number 2 - and I've had this bank account for over a year :lol:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    What surprises me is the number of suppliers who seem a little blank-expressioned when you mention paying by bank transfer, and surprised at being requested bank details. This happened personally recently for a tradesman on my house. I kept requesting bank details. In the end he got a cheque, posted second class... A business cheque, because god knows where my personal chequebook is, I don't use it! I think it was cheque number 2 - and I've had this bank account for over a year :lol:

The banks had planned to scrap cheques, but thats been delayed again. There's still a generation of people that want to send cheques and have no clue about bank transfers.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    But then I had suppliers asking me when they would receive the cheque, while we already paid them by BACS. They just never checked their bank account.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    But then I had suppliers asking me when they would receive the cheque, while we already paid them by BACS. They just never checked their bank account.

Do you send Remittances when you pay Suppliers by BACS? I get really hacked off when Customers pay BACS Amounts then dont send you a Remittance stating which Invoices they are paying for. Some of our Customers have a lot of different Invoices on their account and some are for same amounts so I can spend ages trying to match the payment up if they havent sent me a Remittance. As soon as I have done a Payment Run to Suppliers I either email or fax a Remittance.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    We send them all remittances by email, if we dont have their email, we send it by fax or post.

But some suppliers don't even look at them and still call to ask what invoices are included in the payment (three days after you emailed them the remittance) and well, some suppliers apparently still expect a cheque...
Privacy Policy