SPSW - 'ensure data and graph print onto A4'?

SarahJS
SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I've been doing the practice CBP an am on part 1, task 2.6.

It wants me to 'ensure data an graph will print on A4 paper'.

I've changed to landscape, reduced margins to minimum and reuced column width and I'm still over the limit horizontally. An to top it off, whenI look at solutions, there's takes 3 pages!

If this happens in my exam tomorrow, what should I do?

Also, do I leave the footer with my personal info on every single worksheet?

Comments

• Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Sarah,
    depanding on your excell package.
    go to print preview
    page set up
    you should be able to select 'fit 1page by 1 page'

Also, it will mention in the exam but definatly put a footer on each and every print out.
    think you need name and AAT number,
    the easiest way to think about it, what happens if several people sit the exam, and when they are marked the paperwork gets mixed up. they cant mark something if they dont know who it belongs to.

When i done it, the examiners would only bring print outs if your name was on it, no name then it went in the bin.

good luck
  • SarahJS
    I've found that button now, so using that it'll just shrink the work to fit to one page.

I didn't realise I'd actually be printing so many physical copies, I thought they'd just check the spreadsheets themselves!

Edit: Another quick question, is the exam 1.5 or 2.5 hours? The practice one on he AAT website is 2.5, but all the other practice exams I've seen are 1.5, and I'm sure I've read somewhere else it's 1.5 too...
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    SarahJS wrote: »
    I've found that button now, so using that it'll just shrink the work to fit to one page.

I didn't realise I'd actually be printing so many physical copies, I thought they'd just check the spreadsheets themselves!

Sometimes they don't check the actual copy they just look at it on screen but they'll do a print preview and if it doesn't fit to one page you won't pass that task.
  • SarahJS
    coojee wrote: »
    Sometimes they don't check the actual copy they just look at it on screen but they'll do a print preview and if it doesn't fit to one page you won't pass that task.

Any further ideas to shrink it then, short of shrinking font size?
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Any further ideas to shrink it then, short of shrinking font size?

Just do fit to one page as Diddy Mau said.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

Edit: Another quick question, is the exam 1.5 or 2.5 hours? The practice one on he AAT website is 2.5, but all the other practice exams I've seen are 1.5, and I'm sure I've read somewhere else it's 1.5 too...

The exam is 2.5 hrs long due to having to do the printouts, they allow for hiccups and will exten to 3 if needed.

Good luck!!
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    coojee wrote: »
    Just do fit to one page as Diddy Mau said.

There is also the option :
    Page Setup
    Page
    Adjust to ...... %
    then hit Preview to make sure as sometimes the Fit to 1 page makes it so small it's unreadable

The current SPSW is being done in Excel 2007.

Good luck Sarah

Kay
  • SarahJS
    Aaaah, just looked back and realised the computer saved the 'fit to one page', so hopefully it would still show for the marker :)

Thanks
Privacy Policy