Spreadsheets

Mollypod88
Mollypod88 Registered Posts: 155 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Hi All,

Well AP2 finally passed ... thanks to everyone who has provided help and information :001_smile:

Now I would like to ask for peoples experiences regarding spreadsheets:

Is it like sage where you don't print your work but upload to Learnplus? (Bearing in mind I am a distance learning student who will sit the exam at a kaplan centre)

How long will the exam be?

What did people find the most difficult?

Thanks for all your help people and I hope you are having a nice Easter weekend.

Thanks
Emma

Comments

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I sat at a Kaplan centre and I jus had to upload everything. I can't remember how long it was exactly, only that there was more than enough time to finish and check.

I found the most difficult thing to be pivot tables, mainly due to them being poorly described in my book.

My most important tip is that check everyhing seems sensible, ie if summing columns check that a couple add up to what is shown, with pivot tables check it shows what is asked, check data you have copied across.

Good luck!
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Well AP2 finally passed
    Congratulations once again Emma.
    Now I would like to ask for peoples experiences regarding spreadsheets: Is it like sage where you don't print your work but upload to Learnplus? (Bearing in mind I am a distance learning student who will sit the exam at a kaplan centre)
    When I sat SPSW I had to print out several sections of the exam and this was actually asked for in the exam and collected by the centre where I sat the exam. I do know from other posts made by students who have also sat this exam that they did not print anything, so my main tip here would be to make sure you read the questions/requirements very carefully.
    How long will the exam be?
    I was allocated 2 1/2 hours.
    What did people find the most difficult?
    I worked with spreadsheets daily so did not find the module too difficult. If you get stuck with anything come here and there will be plenty of people more than happy to help you.

Thanks for all your help people and I hope you are having a nice Easter weekend.
    And you Emma :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Emma, I don't think the Kaplan center where I sit my exams even has a printer so definitely no printing for this exam. You just upload the spreadsheet/s you have created to learn plus. I think you still get marked on everything being correctly formatted when it is printed so you should still print preview and make sure it would look right if you did print it.

I use spreadsheets all the time at work, but the thing I found most difficult, other than typing all the data in manually, was ensuring I did what they were actually looking for, rather than what I might do at work. Definately check out the practise paper and answers so you know what to expect.

Good luck
    Nicola
  • sscors
    sscors Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

I recently did the spreadsheet exam and found that I needed to do more practice questions as I wasn't sure if I had done what they had asked for instead of doing what I thought was right. I think I would have been sure of the correct method if I had done more practice questions there are some useful exam based questions on AAT website. I recommend you do them. Goodluck
  • Mollypod88
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I think I'm going to move my spreadsheet exam back a few months now as I'm moving house in June and don't feel like I can concentrate fully on it (I have a very busy household at the moment!) So i think I may go for indirect tax first :)
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I think I'm going to move my spreadsheet exam back a few months now as I'm moving house in June and don't feel like I can concentrate fully on it (I have a very busy household at the moment!) So i think I may go for indirect tax first :)

Not a bad choice if you're not already used to using spreadsheets a lot.

The best thing about indirect tax is the amount of info you are given in the exam. If you view one of the practice tests before learning the module and print the information given in the bexams it might be helpful to avoid learning numbers when they are given in the exam... I learnt by rote a lot of stuff that I could have just looked up!
  • Mollypod88
    Now it's cash management! Seems to be going ok so far :)
  • Jo Clark
    NicF wrote: Β»
    Emma, I don't think the Kaplan center where I sit my exams even has a printer so definitely no printing for this exam. You just upload the spreadsheet/s you have created to learn plus.

I have checked the practice paper for SPSW on MyAATand you are asked at least 5 times to print various worksheets across various questions in section 1 and section 2 of the exam.

It may be that Nicola's exam did not require her to print anything, however I clearly remember the questions in my exam asking for print outs as does the practice paper.

Good luck with the house move and SPSW when you decide to sit it.

JC :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Now it's cash management! Seems to be going ok so far :)

I really enjoyed cash management :) Have you decided to put ITX on hold for now too?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • NicF
    Jo Clark wrote: Β»
    I have checked the practice paper for SPSW on MyAATand you are asked at least 5 times to print various worksheets across various questions in section 1 and section 2 of the exam.

It may be that Nicola's exam did not require her to print anything, however I clearly remember the questions in my exam asking for print outs as does the practice paper.

Good luck with the house move and SPSW when you decide to sit it.

JC :)

The exam does ask you to print, but if your exam centre does not have a printer then you can't print anything. The print outs are to help your tutor mark your work, but if you are a distance learning student then your tutor is likely to be in a different part of the country to you and it wouldn't be easy to get printouts to them. In this instance the tutors will check the work directly on the spreadsheets uploaded on to learn plus, and possibly even print out the sheets themselves. Hence why it is important to still print preview your work to ensure it would print correctly even if you are told not to actually print anything.
  • Mollypod88
    This sound REALLY stupid now I only seem to have a revision book for ITX. I am a distance learning kaplan student so received all my books in one go. I don't know if I was meant to receive a workbook?
  • NicF
    Yes you should have received a workbook. And pocket notes and progress tests.

Nicola
  • Mollypod88
    NicF wrote: Β»
    Yes you should have received a workbook. And pocket notes and progress tests.

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Many thanks for your help. I contacted Kaplan today and they said some of my order is still on backlog since October! So I can't start Indirect Tax until the book turns up?!?!
Privacy Policy