Apple Mac / IOS

Dean
Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor šŸ˜
Away from work I'm a bit of an Apple geek! I only wish I could get a Mac into my work life!

Does anyone use a Mac? Do you use it for anything work related? Do you come up against software problems?

PCs and networks really are a pain in the ar$e!

Regards

Dean

Comments

• stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    Dean wrote: Ā»
    Away from work I'm a bit of an Apple geek! I only wish I could get a Mac into my work life!

Does anyone use a Mac? Do you use it for anything work related? Do you come up against software problems?

PCs and networks really are a pain in the ar$e!

Regards

Dean

I have never and will never use a MAC - however I know an accountant who does and apparently there is something called bootcamp that allows most windows only software to work on MACs? No idea. You probably already know about it.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    I have never and will never use a MAC - however I know an accountant who does and apparently there is something called bootcamp that allows most windows only software to work on MACs? No idea. You probably already know about it.

I really don't like the idea of running windows software on a MAC, there must be increased risks of crashing and even your accounting databases going corrupt.
  • ademoore
    ademoore Registered Posts: 146 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    DualBoot - Fusion

My hubby has a MAC and also requires some usage of windows on it, so he installed FUSION which allows a dual boot when you load up the computer. It works really well and he hasnt had any problems with it!

There are other alternatives, but i can only vouch for Fusion. :001_smile:
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    As the majority of my clients use Macs I need to have one in the office.

I use Bootcamp to run Windows on the Mac and no problems as yet but it's a complete faff to set up. All kinds of software driver issues to resolve.

I can't really use the Mac as my main machine until all our tax/payroll/accounts software runs via a web browser. It's just too much effort to make everything work under both systems for not a huge amount of gain.
  • Dean
    Thanks for the replies.
    I can't really use the Mac as my main machine until all our tax/payroll/accounts software runs via a web browser. It's just too much effort to make everything work under both systems for not a huge amount of gain.

Yeah this is where I am with it.

Macs are more expensive but with so much less maintenance worth it. Just a shame Macs don't seem to be recognised by accounting software developers. :(

Regards

Dean
  • Fingersan
    Fingersan Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ā­
    Hi Dean

I have a Mac at home and connect remotely to the office using Logmein. Not an ideal solution, but it works ok for me.

Regards
  • Dean
    Hi Dean

I have a Mac at home and connect remotely to the office using Logmein. Not an ideal solution, but it works ok for me.

Regards

Hi

This is what I was doing. However, I've since sold my iMAC as I can't warrant a cĀ£1,600 computer sat there used for logmein! Best computer I've ever had... gone :(

Regards

Dean
Privacy Policy