Suit Tie and Shirt for interview.... ???

George Tse
George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hey all

Ive been looking at suits for the past few hours just getting ready for when I do get an interview for a job, which is hopefully soon, and I am wondering why you guys opinions on this suit below the slim fit one ?

http://www.next.co.uk/g37312s1

I need to find a good shirt and tie to match it. Will a tie like the one in the link above be good for an interview ?

If you guys could suggest any shirts and ties (pref from next but websites will do) link them to me.

Regards

Gentle Jesus

Comments

• beckyln
    beckyln Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hello!

I have found that Tesco do as good as a quality as next! The best thing to wear to an interview is something you feel comfortable in!
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    That suit looks good - I reckon you could maybe afford to go with a slightly brighter tie (nothing luminous!) to offset against the darkness of the jacket.

As it's a slim suit you might want to try and find a tailored/slim-fitting shirt to go with it. M&S tend to do good ones, but I imagine Next do as well. Also TopMan have decent "smart" clothes these days, and everything is slim in there :001_tongue: (just make sure it is "smart" and not too fashion-y).
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    grey suit, black skinny tie, white shirt... smart and cool
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    grey suit, black skinny tie, white shirt... smart and cool

Personally I'd say not a skinny tie, to me they just look unprofessional. All down to personal choice though!
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I will try and find a tie that is not too skinny but not too fat.

That suit I think I will most likely buy as it looks really nice.

Regards

Gentle Jesus
Privacy Policy