Would you send complaint to provider as well as AAT

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi,

Just wondered; is someone had a cause to complain about a provider would they send the complaint to the provider as well as AAT. Especially if the provider didnt follow its own complaints procedure?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    If you had a complaint about a provider then you should definitely send it to the provider and give them a chance to sort it out. If you're not happy with the resolution, or there is no resolution then you should escalate your complaint and inform AAT at this point. I suppose it depends on the complaint but I'm not sure there is a lot the AAT can do about problems with a provider.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Well I sent an email and they didn't comment on any of my issues apart from saying I had a unprofessional attitude. I sent a reply to that and all I got was "i'm not willing to discuss it any further!" I was rather disapointment with it really especially in light of my positive comments to people in the past about them - I feel so let down by them!
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    could be worth forwarding the emails to aat, im interested now to know what the complaint is!!
  • MWAUGH1983
    Depends whats in it for me? :):)
  • tedwalker
    tedwalker Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor ⭐
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondered; is someone had a cause to complain about a provider would they send the complaint to the provider as well as AAT. Especially if the provider didnt follow its own complaints procedure?

Cheers
    Martin

I had an issue where my books were missing some pages. I complained about it to HLC and they were prompt to replace my books with a week. All I had to do was send the faulty book back to them!

And, since you are asking, I think its a good idea to complain to your provider first and if it does not get resolved, then go ahead and complain to AAT as well. Sometimes, issues can be solved very easily by the providers. Else, I think its a lengthy process if we go by the books!
Privacy Policy