Finally passed AP1!!!

missm4ry4m
missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I have finally passed AP1; I guess it was 4th time lucky!! That's Level 3 all completed! Bring on Level 4 in September :D

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations missm4ry4m!

Are you looking forward to the break from college?

Good luck with Level 4.

JC :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • missm4ry4m
    Thanks Jo :)

Yeah definately; although I wish I had 2 months off work lol

I heard it's really hard!! What level are you on?
  • Jo Clark
    I'm on level 4 and would definitely say visit the forums if you get stuck on anything - no matter how small or silly it may seem.

Level 4 is a step up from Level 3 for some students. However, if you are determined and put in the work you will succeed :o

The forum and all those who use it have been of great help and support during my studies. I have also made some good friends.

Thanks all :D
    Benjamin Franklin
  • missm4ry4m
    I definately find this forum very helpful. I was stuck on AP1 and a tutor from another college messaged me and said he would email worksheets over which really helped me understand it. I don't know why I pay tuition fees at my current college lol. Hopefully I will be getting an apprenticeship fingers crossed - as I work in a practice full-time.

How are you getting on with Level 4?
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi missm4ry4m

Congratulations on completing Level 3, I have my last exam CRS on Tuesday and AP2 resit on 10th July.

I am also looking forward to a bit of a break, but we have been advised to start our IAS project over the summer so doesn't look like I will be totally free.

Guess we may be seeing a lot of each other on here next year, mind you have already picked up a lot of helpful tips already, so it maybe worth you have a look at the past posts.

Good luck

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    I definately find this forum very helpful. I was stuck on AP1 and a tutor from another college messaged me and said he would email worksheets over which really helped me understand it. I don't know why I pay tuition fees at my current college lol. Hopefully I will be getting an apprenticeship fingers crossed - as I work in a practice full-time.

I am nearly finished - one exam to go and the project.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • missm4ry4m
    Oh that's good. I bet you're glad it's all nearly over..!
    Do you work?
  • Jo Clark
    Glad, but sad to be coming to the end.

Yes, I work full time.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • missm4ry4m
    I know, I will be sad too!!

Best of luck with the rest of Level 4 :)
  • GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congrats on passing AP1! good luck for level 4 :D
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well done on passing this unit - I past 1 and 2 time but did FRA 3 times! It was a nightmare.

I only have tax and ethics this wk and then I will be finished level 3 and hoping to start level 4 next month.
  • missm4ry4m
    Thank you Janwal, Gemma and Mwagh..

Good luck with the rest of Level 3!!

I'm quite looking forward to Level 4 - it will be a good challenge and I will definatelt be visiting here often.
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    I only have Cost & revenues left in a fortnight then i'll be moving onto Level 4 as well hopefully.

Best of luck anyway!
  • missm4ry4m
    Good luck with C&R! Don't learn the layout of the paper, instead perfect your understanding of all the concepts and you will be able to anwser any questions that will be thrown at you!!

:)
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    good luck with c&r! Don't learn the layout of the paper, instead perfect your understanding of all the concepts and you will be able to anwser any questions that will be thrown at you!!

:)

excellent advice!!!!!
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    I'd agree, my tutor has gone throught he online practice assessments question by question and taught the process. I understood all of them quite easily, just remembering them now.

The one question that does annoy me without revisiting it is how overtime is calculated on a Timesheet, theres an illogical way to it, which appears to be rather common in most processes in AAT
  • missm4ry4m
    I also struggled with Timesheet. Basically the basic hours and overtime premium are seperated. So you need to work out how much pay is each day according to the basic hour week then anything on top is overtime premium which you add in the next column. You need to read the question properly to find out exactly what the basic hours are and the overtime rates for saturday and sunday.

Hope this helps.
  • janvi
    janvi Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    ap1 help ...need help with ap1, passed all other l3 exams...

:huh:

Privacy Policy