vat on private healthcare

Options
siva
siva Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi,

Could anybody help me, i am trying to post a direct debit payment for a private healthcare,we dont have a account set up for this and so i am posting this payment through the bank, but just wondering if there is vat included in the payment.

Thanks.

Comments

• Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Siva

I have just found this on HMRC website, I hope it helps:-

Where the service is principally aimed at the protection, maintenance or restoration of health of the person concerned, the supply is exempt.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Just an example; we have AXA invoices relating to private healthcare and they always quote exempt from VAT.
  • siva
    siva Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks, Chelle and Louise.

I thought they are exempt. its just i am trying to post all these direct debits on to the system which i have never done in the past.

I have another question, one of our directors is renting a flat instead of staying in hotel, does this rent would include vat as on hotel rent. I guess it would, but just want to make sure with all of your expertise and knowledge.

Thanks.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Not all hotels charge VAT... depends if they are VAT registered. You will need to check with the director and the landlord.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Siva, can't you check with the invoices, that would say whether there is VAT on it.
Privacy Policy