What do you drive?

2»

Comments

• Melody87
    Melody87 Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor 🐘
    This is my type of thread :) Both me and my other half are properly into classic cars I have a 3ltr Turbo Toyota Supra and he has a 2.6ltr Rover SD1 (sig pic). I also have a 1981 Mini Clubman Estate which will be my economical car once it's had the extensive resoration it needs (need to learn to weld lol). I do want to turbocharge the mini but as the Supra only manages 27MPG at best it will still be very economical in comparison :D

As you can imagine all our money goes on car parts and petrol so thanks to a measly wage half my clothes have holes in and I get to work on a push bike lol

The Supra is my dream car and if I get rich from accounts I also want to own a soft top Mustang, old one obviously. and if I win the lottery I want a Lamborghini Countach!

Mel
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I love L200s :)

Mr Monsoon bought a Jag XJ the other day. It's lush! A proper "old man car" and it does about 20mpg but it's gorgeous. The old ones are dirt cheap at the moment.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Oyster card :mad2:
  • Melody87
    Melody87 Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor 🐘
    My OH's brother is OBSESSED with XJ's he has two of them at the moment a S1 and S3 (I don't think he has owned a car that isn't a Jag). The S1 is halfway through having a XK Supercharged engine levered under the bonnet.... should be interesting :)
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    geek84 wrote: »
    Hi Dcollins

Regarding the A4 your other half drives, you say it is easy to park & drive considering its size. What do you mean by that? Are there extra functions in the car, such as warning lights when you are getting close to another parked car etc?

Thanks

Sorry for late reply - not been paying attention.

It's got parking sensors, but I don't know if they're standard or not. A picture comes up showing how close the car is getting to stuff, and it beeps.

It drives easily because it's a 4-wheel-drive automatic. It's an ex-demonstrator so has lots of extras.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have a Golf Sport, which I love, but its time for a change, and I'm looking at the Audi A1, has anyone got one? or can recommend Audi?
    GP
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I tried an A1 when I had a courtesy car, it was very nippy but the back seats are virtually unusable, great for 2 but no good for 4
  • LisaSmall
    LisaSmall Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    I drive Pegeout 206 :001_smile:
  • GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I drive a clapped out old Citroen Xantia to work during the week and at the weekend I get to choose which one of my other half's many many cars I want to play in.... We're trying to move in with each other, which means moving areas, Unfortunately trying to find something with enough space for all his cars makes it almost impossible! (last count it was 13!) Now we're discussing renting out a barn just to house them all.

My other half hates my car and keeps threatening to write it off, so I told him only if I could have either the Range Rover or the Porsche instead ;) (and if he pays the fuel bills! lol)
  • SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I drive a lovely black modified Vauxhall Zafira, she is 10 years old and doesn't give me any grief at all :)

My hubby has a 7 year old Zafira. His, however, is off the road with a knackered turbo, lol!
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    2001 Polo... i love it so, but can't help wanting an upgrade everytime i go past the cooper garage! BM or Mini... hmmm
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    I don't drive atm but am looking at a Golf Gti for my first car.

Dream car would be a Nissan GTR - been crushing on this car for a while!
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The Pug I mentioned earlier in this thread died! Clutch AND the cylinder head gaskett went at the same time! We ended up buying a Y rg Citroen Xsara Picasso and I'm pleased with it! It's massive :D

Incidentally, my father-in-law designed the electronic wiring harnesses for the new XJ.
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    i would love a golf gti... my 1.4 polo is too slow haha.

i would get it in red !
Privacy Policy