Favourite Comedian?

Simple as who is your favourite comedian? - you can choose several.

Me: Reginall D Hunter, Kevin Bridges, Frankie Boyle, David Mitchell, Doc Brown, Russell Howard and i'm sure theres more.

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Obviously Rowan Atkinson is the master. No question, not even going to argue.

But more currently: Tim Vine, Russell Howard, Sean Lock, Lee Mack....

Old School: Victoria Wood, French&Saunders, Ben Elton, James Belushi, Ryan Stiles, Greg Proops, Chevy Chase, Whoopi Goldberg......

Sooo many, I love comedy, I have a million comedy favourites! More older ones though :)

B x
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Dave Allen, Billy Connelly and Eddie Izzard - definitely my top three.
  • LPalmer
    LPalmer Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Micheal McIntyre is amazing! But my favourite actor for comedy has got to be Zach Galifianakis :D He Makes Me cry :')
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Micheal McIntyre is amazing!

I'm going to see him in October in Manchester :D

And yes Zach is hilarious!!
  • GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I saw Russell howard recently and I think my ribs still hurt from laughing so he's top of my list ;)
  • James Patterson
    Obviously Rowan Atkinson is the master. No question, not even going to argue.

But more currently: Tim Vine, Russell Howard, Sean Lock, Lee Mack....

Old School: Victoria Wood, French&Saunders, Ben Elton, James Belushi, Ryan Stiles, Greg Proops, Chevy Chase, Whoopi Goldberg......

Sooo many, I love comedy, I have a million comedy favourites! More older ones though :)

B x

I think i may be a bit young to recognize all those names, but i am surprised Tommy Cooper wasn't mentioned in that!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    I'm only 22. I just watch alot of older comedy as well as the new stuff :)
    B x
    .. and I nearly put Tommy Cooper but thought my list long enough! :) He is legend!
  • James Patterson
    I'm only 22. I just watch alot of older comedy as well as the new stuff :)
    B x
    .. and I nearly put Tommy Cooper but thought my list long enough! :) He is legend!

Ah, i'm 18 so thats my excuse. I've watched Tommy Cooper and he makes me crease!

Why do you prefer older comedy more? Just curious
  • BeccaLouJ9
    I like 80's & 90's comedy films, those really rubbish ones.. :)

Ooh Steve Martin.

.. I like all the National Lampoon Vacation films, which are pretty cringey but so funny! Old stand up is always good.

Fletch! :)

B x
  • James Patterson
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - i watch it every year haha

Norman Wisdom too & Laurel and Hardy :L
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Not really into Laurel and Hardy- a bit too old for me! :) I don't like black&white comedy, silent stuff..

I love Christmas Vacation, I also watch it every year- mixes two of my favourite things- comedy and Christmas!

Ooh Bill Murray.

B x
  • James Patterson
    Fair enough not for everyone i know, just something i used to watch as a kid.

I always say quotes by comedians in my head and laugh and people always look at me like im odd haha
  • BeccaLouJ9
    I absolutely do that all the time!!

Esp anchorman quotes.. my boyfriend and I say stuff in mid conversation without realising it and just fall about laughing, and people haven't a clue... Although alot of people like anchorman. I think you either love or hate that film.. what do you think?

Lee Evans and Tim Vine go through my head quite alot, and you just kind of smile and people look at you funny!

B x
  • James Patterson
    Anchorman is my favourite film! I love lamp! Everything about that film is hilarious.

I always get reginall Delicious Hunter or Frankie Boyle in my head, and i literally LOL its shocking, thats exactly it!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Comedians come and go but some sitcoms remain classic.

For me, although it's now old and nostalgia from my childhood, I still find "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" with Michael Crawford bloody hilarious. It's the anticipation of disasters awaiting around every corner despite Frank's best intentions that's gets me every single time.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    My absolute favourite (will not be a popular choice) is Ricky Gervais, he's one of the few comedians who has me laughing out loud!
  • James Patterson
    My absolute favourite (will not be a popular choice) is Ricky Gervais, he's one of the few comedians who has me laughing out loud!

Why would Ricky not be a popular choice? I really like him, and i've seen Steve Merchant live, who was pretty good! And Karl Pilkington is naturally funny haha
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think it's either you love him or hate him
  • BeccaLouJ9
    I hate him :) But it wouldn't do for us all to like the same person! Loving Mickey Flanigan at the moment! :)

B x
  • mandatory
    mandatory Registered Posts: 59 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I love Russell Howard, Reginald D Hunter, Rich Hall, Sean Lock and Jon Richardson, just to name a few! :)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Can't stand Gervais although to be fair he's more of an actor being a comedian than a comedian per se. Liked him in The Office and his Politics and Animals shows but by far my favourite performance of him was at the Diana memorial gig a few years ago. Anyone else remember him vainly trying to stretch seven minute's worth of material into an unexpected twelve minute slot after Elton John's hissy fit in the dressing room? A true comedian would have had no problem but Gervais has no talent for ad libbing. Excruciating... I'd have almost felt sorry for him if he wasn't such a tit.

Ones I do like are Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock and Lee Evans when I can keep up with him. Frankie Boyle used to be funny but now seems just to be going for the lowest type of humour with no real cleverness. A subdued return to Mock the Week is beckoning him, I feel.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Ones I do like are Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock and Lee Evans when I can keep up with him. Frankie Boyle used to be funny but now seems just to be going for the lowest type of humour with no real cleverness. A subdued return to Mock the Week is beckoning him, I feel.

I completely agree about Frankie Boyle.. First dvd was ok, second dvd was a bit too low. I think he got away with alot and just kept on pushing and now it's just so unfunny it's putting people off.

Lee Evans is adorable though- I love his comedy!

B x
  • James Patterson
    Not noticed anything Frankie has been on recently - but he is probably my favourite comedian.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Can't believe two of my favourites haven't been mentioned. Bill Hicks and Dillon Moran.

Agree about sit coms lasting forever. Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, Blac Books, League of Gentlemen. Some good ones :)
  • BeccaLouJ9
    I just booked tickets to see Micky Flanigan in March at Plymouth Pavillions (taking my bro for his 21st) and to see Stewart Francis at Exeter Corn Exchange in October!! :) Happy days! :)

B x
  • Pearce161
    Pearce161 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    well done pgm just about getting to the end thinking 'what no Bill Hicks?' .... He is my favourite comedian!

More modern ones, Lee Evans, altho i think the newer shows are getting poorer each time. Just his poor is still really good!

Love Jim Jeffries, can be crude and offensive but funny and clever with it, rather then Frankie Boyle who's now just slipped into 'oh if i say this it'll sound really offensive and abusive' but wont actually have any wit to it, it's just an offensive thing to call someone. He's ok in short bursts but found his last dvd especially just got tiresome after 20-30 mins.

Like Stewart Lee, Jack Dee, Dillan Moran, Marcus Brigstock, Eddie Murphy's RAW is a classic, Eddie Izzard
  • James Patterson
    Dave Mitchell, Ian Hislop and Jimmy Carr - Wish they could start a show together
  • Pearce161
    Pearce161 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    whilst not a stand up comedian, Chris Morris is one of my favourites and the day today and brass eye are just excellent.

on that note, massive respect has to go Armando Iannucci the man behind some of the best comdey series on tv in the last 20 years!
Privacy Policy