Sage 50 single user single company

Options
LynWest
LynWest Registered Posts: 122 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Hi all.

I prefer quickbooks and most of my clients are either using excel or quickbooks. However, i have a lady that is doing her books on sage and wants me to do her final accounts. I do bookkeeping for clients on their system on sage but that is always on their system at their property. But this is my first annual accounts. Therefore i was looking into sage and realised how expensive it is!! As i don't have the numbers of clients that i need to justify the professional package.

I wondered if anyone knew whether in the basic sage 50 single user single company are you able to restore a clients data, look at the file, prepare the accounts, then go back to my client and post the relevant journals. Then if i got another client on sage for year accounts whether i would be able to upload their data over the previous client and look at their data. I know that i wouldn't be able to view both at the same time, but with the volume of sage customers i have this wouldn't be a problem. When i did i would hopefully be able to justify the large investment into the accountants software.

Or does anyone know of a trial version, that i can download that will just allow me to upload this data for 30 days, which would give me enough time to view everything i need to prepare the accounts?

How has everyone else tackled this problem please? all advise welcome :) x

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I know there is a trial version on the Sage website, try there first.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Why don't you just get the reports off Sage? That's what we do for clients that use QB's which we don't have. That will save any software purchase.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I agree, ask your client to send the reports you need (preferably in csv format for functionality).
  • LynWest
    LynWest Registered Posts: 122 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm getting the reports from the client. result!! :) x
Privacy Policy