WEAF Level 2

hargo1
hargo1 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone What orgnisation did everyone study in there main exam for weaf level 2? and do they change the paper every single time.. i came across few students who did intertia and WOW.. is there any more orginisations then this?

Comments

• SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    I have read before that there are 4 different papers

two with scenarios and two without
  • hargo1
    hargo1 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    oh snap ok cheers for that.. hopefully im ready to take the exam but dont know what i will be expecting im taking it this saturday aswell
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    work schedule
    Team problems scenario
    email
    CPD/PDP

Good Luck!
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    hargo1 wrote: »
    oh snap ok cheers for that.. hopefully im ready to take the exam but dont know what i will be expecting im taking it this saturday aswell

You shouldn't be taking it this Saturday as no WEAF assessments can be scheduled after 31st August. The assessment method is changing from an assessment marked by your provider to an exam marked by the AAT. To make sure there's no problems with a cross over no one can sit the assessment after 31st August and no one can sit the exam until 1st October. Basically no one can take the WEAF unit during September. I'd check this out if I were you as either the date is wrong or the college have mucked things up. Although I would have thought that the AAT systems would have prevented them from scheduling it, maybe they haven't done it yet and it will come to light when you turn up on Saturday and find that you're not able to sit it.
  • James AAT
    James AAT Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor ⭐
    coojee wrote: »
    You shouldn't be taking it this Saturday as no WEAF assessments can be scheduled after 31st August. The assessment method is changing from an assessment marked by your provider to an exam marked by the AAT. To make sure there's no problems with a cross over no one can sit the assessment after 31st August and no one can sit the exam until 1st October. Basically no one can take the WEAF unit during September. I'd check this out if I were you as either the date is wrong or the college have mucked things up. Although I would have thought that the AAT systems would have prevented them from scheduling it, maybe they haven't done it yet and it will come to light when you turn up on Saturday and find that you're not able to sit it.

That is strange I have paid for the Cba Weaf exam and am sitting it on the 21st of Septemeber. Guess they will just have to give me minesweep to play for 2 hours !
  • coojee
    James AAT wrote: »
    That is strange I have paid for the Cba Weaf exam and am sitting it on the 21st of Septemeber. Guess they will just have to give me minesweep to play for 2 hours !

Oh dear. Unless the AAT have been telling porkies, it's very definite that old style assessments must be sat before 31st August and new style exams can only be scheduled from 29th September onwards. So no WEAF papers of any description can be sat in September. The only WEAF that can be scheduled is work based evidence.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on when you go on the 21st September, if you're able to sit the exam then I think some strong words to the AAT will be in order as I know people who are waiting to sit this exam but can't until October.
  • James AAT
    Oh well, I guess you were just misinformed or the exam is not available at your friend's chosen exam centre. I can not imagine for a second that BPP have booked me onto an exam that does not yet exist and it really is in their interest to get bookings for the new CBA as soon as possible; time is afterall money !
  • coojee
    Oh well, I guess you were just misinformed or the exam is not available at your friend's chosen exam centre. I can not imagine for a second that BPP have booked me onto an exam that does not yet exist and it really is in their interest to get bookings for the new CBA as soon as possible; time is afterall money !

Taken from the AAT website:

"Reminder:
    The Work effectively in finance and accounting (WEAF) and Credit management and control (CRMC) assessments will be moving from LearnPlus to SecureAssess.

To enable a clean break between students sitting and training providers reporting results for the old and new assessment formats, please:

do not schedule any of the old format WEAF or CDCS assessments to be sat after 31 August 2012
    assess, verify and report the results for any of the old format WEAF and CDCS computer based projects sat up to and including 31 August by 28 September 2012
    only schedule assessments for the new format WEAF and CRMC from 29 September 2012 onwards on SecureAssess.

You can continue to schedule and assess WEAF and CRMC using workplace evidence (WPE) and recognition of prior learning (RPL) as normal."

No misunderstanding or misinformation
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Taken from the AAT website:

No misunderstanding or misinformation

Apart from the bit about no exams in september! lol
  • coojee
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    Apart from the bit about no exams in september! lol

Not sure what you're trying to suggest here. I said that no exams or assessments for WEAF could be scheduled during September and the other poster said that I must have been misinformed so I posted the quote from the AAT website to prove what I had said was correct. So there is no misinformation or misunderstanding on my part.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Basically no one can take the WEAF unit during September. I'd check this out

Of course not; though you did say cant sit during september - clearly the aat guidelines clearly state that exams can be sat from the 29th.
  • coojee
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    Of course not; though you did say cant sit during september - clearly the aat guidelines clearly state that exams can be sat from the 29th.

Ah I see you're being pedantic, yes you can sit the new WEAF exam from the 29th of September but since that is a Saturday I was assuming not many people would be taking an exam at the weekend so the first practical day available is Monday 1st October. The poster I was replying to is booked to sit the assessment on 21st September which is within the time frame when the AAT have said assessments and exams can't be scheduled.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Ah I see you're being pedantic, yes you can sit the new WEAF exam from the 29th of September but since that is a Saturday I was assuming not many people would be taking an exam at the weekend so the first practical day available is Monday 1st October. The poster I was replying to is booked to sit the assessment on 21st September which is within the time frame when the AAT have said assessments and exams can't be scheduled.

It was merely a tongue in cheek comment; though I find the word pedantic amusing - I mean I will no doubt be much more pedantic in the future when it comes to the aat.
  • James AAT
    And after all that Coojee was correct all along. I have to own up, I was wrong and misinformed. Only after Coojee said the new WEAF exam could not be booked for a September date did I decide to reply to BPP's confirmation email that they sent to me a week before the exam. They were confirming that I was to sit the exam on the 21st of September. I sent a reply email to BPP just to query all is going ahead. Then on the Tuesday ( 3 days before the exam) I get a voice mail saying please call BPP. I call them up for them to announce the exam is not going ahead, that they do not have the exam, that they are rescheduling me. Keep in mind this is 3 days before exam, having booked the exam over a month in advance, and after I initiated the discussion regarding whether the exam was going ahead(after Coojee had stirred up a thought on this forum). They simply said that they did not know about any of the changes to the exam until now. Well you can imagine what I said...

Conveyor belt education ?
  • coojee
    And after all that Coojee was correct all along. I have to own up, I was wrong and misinformed. Only after Coojee said the new WEAF exam could not be booked for a September date did I decide to reply to BPP's confirmation email that they sent to me a week before the exam. They were confirming that I was to sit the exam on the 21st of September. I sent a reply email to BPP just to query all is going ahead. Then on the Tuesday ( 3 days before the exam) I get a voice mail saying please call BPP. I call them up for them to announce the exam is not going ahead, that they do not have the exam, that they are rescheduling me. Keep in mind this is 3 days before exam, having booked the exam over a month in advance, and after I initiated the discussion regarding whether the exam was going ahead(after Coojee had stirred up a thought on this forum). They simply said that they did not know about any of the changes to the exam until now. Well you can imagine what I said...

Conveyor belt education ?

On the one hand it's nice that I was proved right but on the other hand it's not nice for you to be messed about like this. How BPP could have been unaware of the changes I do not know, the AAT have been telling centres for long enough about it. I'm glad I was able to alert you to it to save you turning up on the day and then finding out you couldn't sit it. Have you sat the new style exam yet? It's dead easy and you'll be glad that you didn't do the assessment. Average time taken for the new exam seems to be about 15 minutes.
  • billdoor
    billdoor Registered Posts: 129 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm a little surprised at that as I've always found BPP to be very helpful and on the ball about most things. I suppose it could be as simple as one person not being aware, I don't know.

All I DO know is that I sat the old WEAF assessment, in two parts, in July and it was just an annoyance. Worth the wait for the new style CBT!
  • James AAT
    It wasn't just one person not knowing / not informing me until the 3 days before the exam it was his manager as well. The manager is who I spoke to on the matter at length, who appeared completely uninformed. I took a refund and ssat the exam for free, which having taken it was all I felt it was worth.

The exam does seem to be a bit of a money spinner as it is 90 minutes long and is a near enough replication of the practice exam (ie the one labelled post Sept 2012). Must admit the whole module just seemed a bit of an nuisance to me. Really looking forward to pushing on with the rest.
Privacy Policy