Have you seen any good Films Recently?

Afternoon All,

Simply wondering if anyone has seen a really good film recently? I bought 'Marley' on DVD this weekend (Its a documentary film about Bob Marley) and i absolutely loved it - I would recommend it if you like him or Reggae in general.

Anyone else?

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Last night the boyfriend made me watch Avengers Assemble. It was quite good. I don't want to see it again, but it was good to see once. :)

Saw The Dictator on Sunday- Bit disappointed.

Watching What I did with my Summer Vacation tonight- I think it is called something like that- Mel Gibson film, will let you know how that is.

B x
  • ExcelAnt
    ExcelAnt Registered Posts: 80 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Judge Dredd is surprisingly brilliant..
    No cheese, just great action
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    im looking forward to Skyfall!
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    im looking forward to Skyfall!

Me too.. out end of the month I think...
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    "Moon" anybody seen?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    "Moon" anybody seen?

Nope - what is it about/who is in it?

What Dreams May Come is a lovely film...
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • liveprincess
    Wikipedia: "Moon is a 2009 British science fiction drama film directed by Duncan Jones. The film is about a man who experiences a personal crisis as he nears the end of a three-year solitary stint mining helium-3 on the far side of the Earth's moon. It was the feature debut of director Duncan Jones, son of the British rock musician David Bowie. Sam Rockwell stars as the employee Sam Bell, and Kevin Spacey voices his robot companion, GERTY". I don't like sci-fi but this was very very thought-provoking. Recommended.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    With my Lovefilm sub, I probably watch six to ten movies every week. However, recent watches at the cinema have been:

Sinister: 6/10

Total Recall (the remake): 7/10 : surprisingly good - not that the original was a classic to start with

Expendables 2: 7/10 : rather enjoyable and doesn't take itself seriously in any way whatsoever
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We use lovefilm too but only have about 5-6 per month.

I want to see Total Recall and Bourne but waiting for them to come on Lovefilm.

I'm taking the children to see Skyfall in half term, also hoping to go with my friend and see Taken 2.

just desperately waiting for the next Ironman!! Can't you tell that I have a 10 year old who's into Superheros?
  • blobbyh
    We were going to see Taken 2 instead of Sinister but when we read that the UK version had been edited to get a more family friendly rating, we didn't bother. As one review pointed put, in a cynical market move to attract a wider audience, they've alienated the very people who went to see the first movie and were waiting for a similarly tough sequel.
  • chezr90
    chezr90 Registered Posts: 22 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Recently watched Sweeny in the cinema a month ago, that was amazing!!
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    How do you have time for films lol I am lucky to watch the first hour before I fall asleep!:blushing:
    We did however make time to watch Dark Shadows by Tim Burton and thought it was really good, maybe get Taken 2 when it comes out on dvd though.
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    haha recently, i haven't managed too. Although i did watch a film called 'crazy, stupid love' with Steve Carell in. Absolutely loved it! and it isn't my type of film usually.

I never watched Taken the first time round, Liam Neeson needs to look after people better if someones been kidnapped a second time round (Not sure what the plot to Taken 2 is before you say)
  • Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor โญ
    Skyfall was really disappointing. It was Bond stripped down but they stripped out of all the good parts! The end turned into a farcical Home Alonesq adventure.

The best film I've seen recently is The Ides of March :thumbup1:
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Skyfall was really disappointing. The best film I've seen recently is The Ides of March :thumbup1:

I've only heard good things about the film from people i know; not the best film they've seen but up there :S Love a bit of contriversy.

Can't say i've seen The ides of march but i shall add it to my viewing list.

Thanks
  • blobbyh
    Skyfall was brilliant, one of the best Bonds ever in my opinion. Stripped of gadgetry and distractions, it's a much leaner, tighter film than most.

We saw The Ides of March when out came out last year and were completely underwhelmed. Not a big fan of the political thriller to start with, the fact it has Ryan Gosling in it - after Nick Cage, the most one dimensional actor in Hollywood - makes it even worse..

Saw Paranormal Activity 4 last month: although I enjoyed the first three I accept they're not for everyone, but part four was one one of the worst movies I've ever watched and the first time I've ever seen people booing a blank screen at the end.
  • ketysmith
    ketysmith Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor โญ
    "Moon" anybody seen?
    Is a gread film. For me is a very good :)
  • katiewh1607
    katiewh1607 Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor โญ
    Watched The Blindside with Sandra Bullock in the other week, it was so good! :laugh:
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Jack Reacher (2012) was pretty good! Funny in places too!
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I bought 'Marley' on DVD this weekend (Its a documentary film about Bob Marley) and i absolutely loved it - I would recommend it if you like him or Reggae in general.

Anyone else?

I watched an incredible film last year called 'Searching for Sugarman' which is about a singer who was mega-famous in South Africa but unheard of in the rest of the world and it's the story of a couple of South African's who track him down to tell him that he's a multi platinum selling artist. Incredible true story. watch it! It's actually even been nominated for an oscar :)
  • Amy Smith
    Amy Smith Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am a huge lover of films... I'd say the ones that I would definitely recommend are Inglorious Basterds, Shawshank Redemption and Dark Knight Rises...

I go to the cinema fairly often so in terms of recent films, I'd suggest Sinister (if you like to be terrified) and the Impossible are ones to watch... and in my opinion, I'd steer clear of Les Miserables which completely let me down! :huh:

I'm always after new titles to watch, so any recommendations would be super :001_smile:
    Here to help
    ~AAT Qualified~
  • liveprincess
    The girl with dragon tattoo is brilliant
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Totally agree with girl with the dragon tattoo, it is a gem of film if you haven't seen it. Saw django recently which I liked, thought the german bounty hunter was a great character and star of the film - however the final 15-20 minutes of it were a bit OTT imo.

I saw sinister at the cinema and my main memeory was jumping into the next row at a lawn mower scene ? I don't normally jump so that was quite impressive.
  • Amy Smith
    Amy Smith Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    that Lawnmower scene almost killed me.............
    Here to help
    ~AAT Qualified~
  • mandatory
    mandatory Registered Posts: 59 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I recommend A Simple Life - it's in Cantonese and subtitled, if you don't mind reading subtitles. It's a heart-warming story based on real life about a man and his house servant, worth a watch. :)
Privacy Policy