Acheivement awards ceremony

BeccaLouJ9
BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
So got my confirmed invite through the post to the Awards Ceremony in Bristol. Me and 3 guests. Is anyone else definately going now?

Exciting! :)

B x
ยซ1

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hey Becca

I hope to go next year now my SOA has updated with competent for ICAS! :D Shame I missed out this year but hey ho! Does your MyAAT show your name and MAAT once updated as all steps were completed a few months ago and it was just pending ICAS?

Hope you are enjoying ATT.

Enjoy the awards ceremony and I look forward to seeing the photos!

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    So got my confirmed invite through the post to the Awards Ceremony in Bristol. Me and 3 guests. Is anyone else definately going now?

Exciting! :)

B x

Yes Becca i am definitely going with 2 guests, now to decide what to wear!!!!! See you there :)
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    My ticket arrived today for Birmingham :) Any forumites going to be at the Birmingham event ?

I've just looked at the prices for photography and had to pick myself up off the floor ! I really ***really*** want cap & gown pics as I missed out on my University Graduation (it took place the week my Dad died) but ouch - it is going to be expensive !
  • Jo Clark
    How much are the photos uknitty? Do I need to start saving for next year? :lol:
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    CONGRATULATIONS Jo! Well done.
    Its great to get mail and see those wonderful letters after your name....
    GP
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Hey Becca

I hope to go next year now my SOA has updated with competent for ICAS! :D Shame I missed out this year but hey ho! Does your MyAAT show your name and MAAT once updated as all steps were completed a few months ago and it was just pending ICAS?

Hope you are enjoying ATT.

Enjoy the awards ceremony and I look forward to seeing the photos!

JC :o

Hey Jo,

Mine didn't say Becca Jones MAAT(!!!) until I had got the confirmation of being elected. But I wasn't waiting on ICAS and I got my result for BTX and election in the same week so wouldn't have noticed a delay I don't think.

Books got delayed so hopefully they should arrive today and then it all begins again! :)

Chat Soon.

Becca xxx

.......and as if by magic- the book has just arrived 1hr after this post! :)
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Yes Becca i am definitely going with 2 guests, now to decide what to wear!!!!! See you there :)

Ooh goody, see you there! :)

B x
  • uknitty
    How much are the photos uknitty? Do I need to start saving for next year? :lol:

Starting at ยฃ100 for a portrait rising to ยฃ300 for group shots :ohmy:

Oh and of course many many CONGRATULATIONS at having your membership signed off :) Well deserved.
  • BeccaLouJ9

Oh and of course many many CONGRATULATIONS at having your membership signed off :) Well deserved.

Wow!!! Where did you find this info? Is it on the AAT website?

B x
  • uknitty
    In the letter that came with the invitation it gives you a link to the photographers website. I think you have to book online if you want pictures done at the ceremony.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    In the letter that came with the invitation it gives you a link to the photographers website. I think you have to book online if you want pictures done at the ceremony.

Oh, I see. Thanks for that- will have a look when I get home!

B x
  • Jo Clark

Thank you uknitty - just waiting to see MyAAT update... Ohhh photos are quite pricey but well worth it I'm sure.

Enjoy your evening and I look forward to hearing all about it :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Mine didn't say Becca Jones MAAT(!!!) until I had got the confirmation of being elected.

Hi Becca,

This is going to sound like a really daft question......

Did your certificate / MyAAT actually say Becca Jones and are you a Becca or a Rebecca?

I know that sounds odd but I'm just wondering. When I registered with AAT I did so with my full name (Jennifer) as I usually do with something formal. In real life though I have always been called Jenny - even my business cards use that version for work.

So, I'm wondering whether I could ask the AAT if I could change the details or whether they would insist on the full name.

Your being Becca got me thinking.... :biggrin:
  • uknitty
    I reckon if you call the AAT membership services team and ask them to change your name in good time then they will be able to do it for you.

I know that MyAAT used to show my first and middle names, and I just deleted out my middle name in my account and from then on in it didn't appear on any letter. I think it is under "update my details" .Perhaps give that a go and see if if changes anything ?
  • jenny3549
    Thanks Cerys, I'll give it a go!

I've got the MAAT on the website but apparently they are not sending out certificates til mid Nov so maybe I'll have time to change it.

Just wondered if they would think it an odd request!!

I can't help it, I see Jennifer and think I'm being told off by my Mother! :lol:

Edit: Woo hoo, all done! I feel more like me now.

Thanks again. :biggrin:
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Hi sorry Jenny I only just saw this! I registered as Becca so I wouldn't have been any help at all I'm afraid! :) Glad it's all sorted now.

They may send your cert sooner. He won't mind me mentioning him, so, I got mine a week later than Diddy Mau and we passed our final unit a week apart so I think they may send them sooner than monthly!? But not sure.

B x
  • jenny3549
    Hi sorry Jenny I only just saw this! I registered as Becca so I wouldn't have been any help at all I'm afraid! :) Glad it's all sorted now.

They may send your cert sooner. He won't mind me mentioning him, so, I got mine a week later than Diddy Mau and we passed our final unit a week apart so I think they may send them sooner than monthly!? But not sure.

B x

Hi Becca,

Got my certificate on Friday along with the little booklet about CPD etc!! They had already printed that so it's the full name but I don't mind that - I just like seeing Jenny on the website (with the letters!).

It's a nice feeling isn't it? :biggrin:
  • BeccaLouJ9
    What to wear?

..So.. Girlies.. and boys... What is everyone wearing? The invite says formal/smart I think.. What does that mean?

B x
  • Jo Clark
    skirt/trousers and blouse?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Yeh that's what I thought.. Just generally worky stuff! I wear nice dresses to work so I can wear one of them!! :)

Hope all is well, will send you an email.

B xxx
  • Dsindle
    Dsindle Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi All

Im going to the Birmingham ceremony and just wondered if anyone knew the itinery?

Do we get called up one by one for our certificates? Do we get a glass of champers to say well done, or will it just be an hour long speach from AAT as to what a good company they are.....maybe this info is somewhere which im missing, lol!

x
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Hey, I have absolutely no idea how it goes, but I'm hoping a glass of champagne is offered!! :) My BF is just looking forward to the free buffet!!

The Bristol one is tomorrow, see some of you guys there hopefully!

B x
  • Becky V
    See you there Becca feeling slightly nervous and excited!!!
  • Jo Clark
    Hope you have a fab time Becca and Becky!

Disappointed I missed this years deadline :(
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Aw Jo, Don't worry, next year you will be star of the awards.. waiting so long! It's such a shame you missed the cut off by less than a month!!! At least you have a year to decide what to wear! :)

Becky see you there! I'm excited, not nervous, more curious as to what's going to happen! :)

B x
  • BeccaLouJ9
    So the piccys of the actual presentation bit are on the Success Photography website!! Ha!

Was a good eve, lots of free champagne and orange juice! Buffet was lovely! Seeing so many different people was pretty cool, going up to get the cert in front of all those people was interesting!! :)

Would definately recommend it for those thinking about going next year! Overall, lovely evening had by my 3 guests and I!

B x
  • Becky V
    I completely agree Becca, was a very good night, so many students which was nice. Didnt actually get to see you though but maybe when we receive our fellow membership :) x
  • uknitty
    I'm off to Brum on Friday. Glad to hear you chaps had a good time !
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Can I ask is there an awards ceremony each year?... how do I find out details for these, once I have finished my current level I hope to do the Level 4 Diploma, and would love to attend the ceremony once all completed.

Cheers.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    HI yes you will get an invitation after you have been given the MAAT status (exams + logged work experience)
Privacy Policy