ICAS - Inkwell

Options
chuffer
chuffer Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi Guys...
Does anybody have any ideas on how to even get started with this???
I have had the case study for a month and all I seem to be doing is writing down what is already written but in a different order! I feel totally overwhelmed......
I realise it wasn't going to be easy but I must admit I'm feeling a little stupid at the moment.
Unfortunately I have no proper work experience with Accounting and also very little experience of writing essays or reports!
Definitely feel I've bitten off big style for this...
I have tried to do a SWOT analysis but all that seems to have done is confused me further!!
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH.........

Thanks(hopefully) for any ideas or advice !

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi Chuffer

Please don't think your stupid, I had mine for over 3 months and then had to force myself to do it. Have you got any of the ICAS books, I used BPP and followed the lay out in there. I started by writing the Company History and the external regualations and stakeholders, then did the SWOT analysis. Once you get started you'll be surprised.

I submitted my 1st draft last week and waiting for feed back.

Good luck

Jan
  • kiz89
    kiz89 Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi chuffer

Janwal is right, do not think your stupid, ICAS is!... i looked at it for a quite a while, meself and thought WHATT!... its when i completed it within a week i realised that was'nt so bad.

I'm not working in accounts either and was glad they gave us a case study otherwise i wouldn't have a clue! :|

Start off with:

1) SWOT analysis
    2) weaknesses and recommendations
    3) fraud
    4) methodology
    5) Accounting systems

Anything you cant fit in the report, put it in the introduction...as i was told! hehe

Keep to the mapping document and you cant go wrong.

do you have a layout of some sort?..... if not, if you want me to email you a copy that i had from my tutor, i could do?

all the best x
Privacy Policy