Newbie here. Very excited!!!!!

becciwales
becciwales Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all, :thumbup1:

I'm Rebecca, most people call me Bec or Becci, I'm new to this forum and to AAT, well accountancy in general. On Thursday (pay day) I'm going to sign up for AAT level 2, I have no business studies background at all, I have a degree and diploma in Nursing, so not at all related but I'm looking for a new career and a new challenge. This is after MUCH deliberation and years trying to decide what I could do as a change from nursing.

I'm so excited and any advice or tips will always be greatfully received!!

I've already found browsing this forum so useful as to who to sign up with and who not to.

Becci xx

Comments

• RobClarke
    RobClarke Registered Posts: 820
    Welcome Bec

Only advice I can come up with is:

1. Enjoy
    2. Plan your study time and stick to it as much as you can
    3. Don't be afraid to ask questions!
    4. Never give up!
  • becciwales
    Hi thank you, any hints or tips are welcome! :)
    Bec
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    RobClarke wrote: »
    Welcome Bec

Only advice I can come up with is:

1. Enjoy
    2. Plan your study time and stick to it as much as you can
    3. Don't be afraid to ask questions!
    4. Never give up!

Hiya Becci

I second what Rob has said, and welcome to the forum :o

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • becciwales
    Hi Jo, one question I have, I've just signed up with Eagle, when do I need to get the AAT membership? I've only signed up this evening so I haven't had anything yet telling me what to do next xx
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    anytime between now and the day when you want to sit your first exam. being a student member also gives you access to a lot of resources and practice assessments which are very helpful in revising. Good luck
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Becci

Welcome to Accounting, The above is all sound advice. Don't be afraid to ask there are so many people on here with lots of different knowledge.

Good luck

Jan
  • becciwales
    Thanks all
    Bec xx
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Welcome Becci :001_smile:

One thing I would say is that Eagle (and Sonya in particular) are quite active in social media, so you might want to follow their Facebook page (as well as AAT's, of course!).

Enjoy your studies!

Stuart
  • becciwales
    Ooh thank you Stuart, I haven't spoken to Sonya at all yet. I signed up yesterday to the course and I've had an email to confirm my course but nothing about despatch as yet. I've followed AAT and Eagle on Facebook, thanks, all these little hints and tips are so helpful!! If you have any more, send them my way :)
    Bec
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sonya is great, i only found out about Eagle when i was well into my studies but will be using them for further study if i ever get the chance.

Good luck and enjoy yourself Bec.

Neil.
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    becciwales wrote: »
    Hi all, :thumbup1:

I'm Rebecca, most people call me Bec or Becci, I'm new to this forum and to AAT, well accountancy in general. On Thursday (pay day) I'm going to sign up for AAT level 2, I have no business studies background at all, I have a degree and diploma in Nursing, so not at all related but I'm looking for a new career and a new challenge. This is after MUCH deliberation and years trying to decide what I could do as a change from nursing.

I'm so excited and any advice or tips will always be greatfully received!!

I've already found browsing this forum so useful as to who to sign up with and who not to.

Becci xx

Hi Becci

I'm a fellow career changer (used to work in science labs) and changing to accounts/tax was the best thing I ever done.

Initially, when you start studying (and as already mentioned, make a timetable and stick to it) you will find that there are lots of new concepts (e.g. double entry) to get to grips with but as long as you keep studying it will all click and you'll be off, running and flying.

The key to passing your exams and getting your qualification, as already mentioned, is to make a study timetable and actually stick to it. I've done AAT and am currently doing ATT and the hardest thing about doing ATT is making a study timetable and actually sticking to it (rather than procrastinating on the AAT forums).

Good luck and don't give up!!!
  • becciwales
    My first parcel of books came today :) I've had a quick look through and I'm going to make a timetable tonight with a view to starting tomorrow morning :) Thanks for the tips, ALWAYS appreciated!

Bec
  • RobClarke
    RobClarke Registered Posts: 820
    what books arrived and have you decided what order you will take things yet?
  • becciwales
    I'm doing level 2 so the BA 1 & 2 and the workbooks have arrived and the study buddy. And various other things like a pen etc. I've read the online bits for moodle and need to contact my tutor tomorrow and sort out my AAT membership. And start studying. It's been a little while :-/ though not as long as some I suppose. I did my Nursing diploma 2002-2005 and my BSc 2006-2008 so I'm not too rusty for studying I hope :-)
  • jasec
    jasec Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Stick with it Bec, I'm also a carer changer i was in the army for 7 years & a HGV mechanic for a further 15 years. I started AAT in 2009 & now with lots of hard work & struggle to get eperience I am now MAAT.

So if I can do it anyone can, keep smilimg & stay positive.

Jase.
Privacy Policy