Financial Performance Round 3..............

jane
jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
:001_unsure:

Well my third attempt at the nasty is fast approaching. I am battling still with the last written question and explaining the comparisons!!!! arghhhh why can't I flippin do this. All the others was a first time pass, but this one is a nightmare for me :001_tt2:

Getting really nervous/scared now :tongue_smilie:

Comments

• Dahir Ahmed
    Dahir Ahmed Registered Posts: 63 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Jane
    Wish you the very best. I'm sitting for it tomorrow.

Is the paper made up of 6 questions in section 1 and 4 in section 2 (1 written question in each section) or is it 8 in section 1 and 2 in section 2 (both written questions in section 2)?.

Thanks
  • jane
    Hi Dahir
    Good luck for 2moro. There is a written in each section. The first section is the variances which I fly through, and am also ok with the written, it's the second section that has caught me on both attempts. Hopefully it will be third time lucky!!

Keeping fingers crossed for you.
    Hi Jane
    Wish you the very best. I'm sitting for it tomorrow.

Is the paper made up of 6 questions in section 1 and 4 in section 2 (1 written question in each section) or is it 8 in section 1 and 2 in section 2 (both written questions in section 2)?.

Thanks
  • jane
    Am feeling a little better about things today, but still scared to death with this one, I gues its just guna be practice practice practice :)

Dahir, how did you get on today?? Hope it went well for you ?
    J
  • Dahir Ahmed
    Dahir Ahmed Registered Posts: 63 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Jane
    A belated thank you.

Yep...practice and some more practice.

It went well but now have to wait up to 6 weeks to be put out of my misery!. Lol.

Glad you're feeling better about it all today. Really hope it goes well with you too.

When is yours?.
  • Tjcgti
    Tjcgti Registered Posts: 40 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Jane,

I'm taking this on Wednesday. Still need to finish the last chapter of the book, then need to do some practice papers.
    Seems to be lots of formulas to remember, but luckily they are pretty straight forward formulas.
    Have yet to revise the written part. That will be done tomorrow evening and tuesday for me.

When is your exam?
  • sarah2266
    sarah2266 Registered Posts: 49 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi

Do you have any tips on how to remember all the formulas.... i think
    i may struggle with this examm
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/images/smilies/set1/confused1.gif

help

sarah
  • jane
    Hi guys,
    Glad it went well for you Dahir, I am sure you have done brilliant.
    Tjcgti, good luck for Wednesday, will be thinking about you. You must let us know how you get on.
    My exam is booked for the 16th April,so still have a few weeks to get things in my head. Very Very scared as I've failed it twice :blushing: - I really hope I get a nicer paper this time around - Eeeeeek

J
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi again

Sorry only just seen your thread here.

Stay positive, you CAN do it.

I have just remembered that the Cost Card at the beginning was different to the CBA's this time round for me but it was just using common sense more than anything and I actually noticed the What If statement as a What If statement, whereas previously I hadn't so I think it must have just all clicked at the 11th hour for me and I am pretty sure it will be the same for you too :-)
  • Tjcgti
    Hi Sarah - I think the best way to remember a formula, is to understand what the formula is asking for. I used to just memorize it but not fully understand it on my previous exams which so far has proven effective until you actually need to explain what the formula is showing you....for this exam you have to do this. But you still need to memorize them....
    The way I learn is to write them down, then you can fill in the figures you require when doing the practice questions.

Hi Jane - Thanks. I hope to pass, as failed BTX recently (as I expected) so need to make sure I pass this one. Been revising lots today. Better pay off!
    Do you know what you are struggling with in the exam? Want you to pass this time!

Tristan
  • jane
    Tjcgti wrote: ยป
    Hi Sarah - I think the best way to remember a formula, is to understand what the formula is asking for. I used to just memorize it but not fully understand it on my previous exams which so far has proven effective until you actually need to explain what the formula is showing you....for this exam you have to do this. But you still need to memorize them....
    The way I learn is to write them down, then you can fill in the figures you require when doing the practice questions.

Hi Jane - Thanks. I hope to pass, as failed BTX recently (as I expected) so need to make sure I pass this one. Been revising lots today. Better pay off!
    Do you know what you are struggling with in the exam? Want you to pass this time!

Tristan

Hiya, sorry to hear your fail on BTX, sure you will get it next time around. I really struggle with the second written, it's been my downfall on both attempts. I have been trying to practice different ones over the past week, to try and get a variety. It's just knowing what they want and how to answer it. I was feeling a bit more positive, but then I think I don't know it, and then I do!!!! God help me. :crying:
    I keep going over the formulas as well, I know how to work them out, but to explain them in depth is another story!!!! Pullingmyhairout.com!! LOL
    Sarah I agree with this tip, I am trying to get it in my head of knowing how to explain them.
    J x
  • Tjcgti
    Well its done, now just have to wait 6 weeks. Think I did ok. Have to wait and see

For the written part, I think the best thing for you is to do lots of question papers (which is what you are doing) but understand what they are asking for in the answer at the end of it. Compare your two answers and see what you missed. Like you said do lots and get a variety and understand all the different reasons for the answers. The practice exam/s and the actual exam is very similar so when you come to the actual exam you should be able to spot what answer they are looking for.
    With me repativeness works and eventually it sinks in. Well actaully cramming it in at the last minute works as well for me.

I just searched that website and it comes up with a website on philadelphia.:confused1:

p.s can you do my project for me? I really don't want to do it!:mad2:
  • angharadmorris
    angharadmorris Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    ive just failed FNPF for the 2nd time and FNST. im so gutted. got business tax to do in may and if i fail that then i dont know what to do :-( waiting for feedback now. hate these exams :crying:
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Just sat FNPF this morning it was the worst exam I have done, will be a resit without doubt
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    ive just failed FNPF for the 2nd time and FNST. im so gutted. got business tax to do in may and if i fail that then i dont know what to do :-( waiting for feedback now. hate these exams :crying:

Don't give up, you can and will do it :-)

I managed to pass FNPF after the 4th attempt. I re sat FNST for the 4th time last week and Budgeting for the 2nd time, both on the same day but although I feel I may have been ok with them this time round, I really don't know if I have done enough to get them passed but if I haven't, then I will just have to re sit them again. I will also be re sitting PTX for the 2nd time in June.
Privacy Policy