X Factor

Options

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Yeah pretty much but its all good just over due VATS (oops someone forgot and not me lol)

well you shouldnt take time off then !!:001_tt2:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    well you shouldnt take time off then !!:001_tt2:

Your only gelous :001_tt2: :lol:
  • mark130273
    Options
    too bloddy right......mind you im going to take a few days off in nov to go to disneyland paris...lucky me hey !!!! NOT !
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    too bloddy right......mind you im going to take a few days off in nov to go to disneyland paris...lucky me hey !!!! NOT !

yeah i am going to take a few days off now at the end of the month, and then another little holiday at the end of october... cant wait :thumbup1:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    mind you it does show you how good they are that not one of them can substain a long career ??

Will Young and Girls Aloud have all had long and healthy careers and if the others didn't, it's largely down to being lumbered with poor managers like Simon Cowell than through any lack of talent. Apart from Gareth Gates - he was shit.
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    Will Young and Girls Aloud have all had long and healthy careers and if the others didn't, it's largely down to being lumbered with poor managers like Simon Cowell than through any lack of talent. Apart from Gareth Gates - he was shit.

i think opinions vary on will young too :thumbdown:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Never said I liked Will Young but he does have an instantly recgnisable voice and not quite as annoyingly slappable as someone like Robbie Williams or Amy Shitehouse.

Apart from the Leon Jackson blip, all the past four winners of X Factor - Shane, Leonia and Alexandra - have all been extremely good singers but unfortunately been represented by five foot f*ck all Cowell.

BTW, anyone ever been to Madame Tussauds and seen the Cowell waxwork? He's so short they've got him sitting down so you don't tower over him. Really quite funny.
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    Never said I liked Will Young but he does have an instantly recgnisable voice and not quite as annoyingly slappable as someone like Robbie Williams or Amy Shitehouse.

Apart from the Leon Jackson blip, all the past four winners of X Factor - Shane, Leonia and Alexandra - have all been extremely good singers but unfortunately been represented by five foot f*ck all Cowell.

BTW, anyone ever been to Madame Tussauds and seen the Cowell waxwork? He's so short they've got him sitting down so you don't tower over him. Really quite funny.

Lewis is a special talent. :001_tt1:
  • A-Vic
    Options

Funny enough ive actually seen him in the flesh and he has a bauld patch on top (well before he got plugs):lol:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Lewis is a special talent. :001_tt1:

think this is the one to watch:-

http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/episodes/video/item_200122.htm
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    It's all too plastic for me. There are plenty of acts out there who have found fame and fortune through sheer hard work, as opposed to bending over in front of Simon Cowell, and it's these acts that tend to have the longevity.
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    It's all too plastic for me. There are plenty of acts out there who have found fame and fortune through sheer hard work, as opposed to bending over in front of Simon Cowell, and it's these acts that tend to have the longevity.

Acts such as?????
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Lol, you serious?

Any big non manufactured act that hasn't been on X Factor.

Footnote: Simon Cowell's hairstyle is truly bizarre.
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    Lol, you serious?

Any big non manufactured act that hasn't been on X Factor.

Footnote: Simon Cowell's hairstyle is truly bizarre.

cowell does pop acts....not bands.... so will ask again acts such as???

only one i can think of and thats boyzone
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    But that wasn't the point...

Anyway

Spice Girls
    Boyzone
    Westlife
    Take That
    East 17
    Atomic Kitten
    Sugababes

BTW, I don't have anything against the shelf stackers that go on X Factor. If you're working in Tesco and you can sing a bit why not? It beats working in Tesco.

But X Factor is still sh*t, let's not pretend otherwise :)

You might say "well don't watch it then" and I don't.

But when even your male friends bring it up in conversation it grates like a mofo I tells ye.
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    But that wasn't the point...

Anyway

Spice Girls
    Boyzone
    Westlife
    Take That
    East 17
    Atomic Kitten
    Sugababes

BTW, I don't have anything against the shelf stackers that go on X Factor. If you're working in Tesco and you can sing a bit why not? It beats working in Tesco.

But X Factor is still sh*t, let's not pretend otherwise :)

You might say "well don't watch it then" and I don't.

But when even your male friends bring it up in conversation it grates like a mofo I tells ye.

sugarbabes havent been around that long and lets face it dont have exactly legendary status,atomic kitten gone, east 17 gone, spice girls gone boyzone yep, westlife...yep both loui walsh, take that?? lol i dont know what to say about them i guess they have a huge fan base, but considering there are loads of pop acts in the uk now....you cant name many that have been hugely successful for a huge amount of time.

my point is that pop is less about talent and more about about looks and gimicks, with the exception of a rare few
  • blobbyh
    Options
    my point is that pop is less about talent and more about about looks and gimicks, with the exception of a rare few

... and as Sonny said it beats working down Tesco, so I say good luck to 'em. And while we may not like the winners of these shows, I think we'd all admit that most of them really can sing even if we don't like what they're singing.

As for the other usual argument, there have always been 'manufactured' pop stars and groups. The Monkees were purely manufactured, Elvis didn't write his own songs and if it's a matter of longevity, The Beatles were only at their peak for seven years, '62 to '69. As were The Rolling Stones, the main difference being that no-one has ever dared tell them.
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    ... and as Sonny said it beats working down Tesco, so I say good luck to 'em. And while we may not like the winners of these shows, I think we'd all admit that most of them really can sing even if we don't like what they're singing.

As for the other usual argument, there have always been 'manufactured' pop stars and groups. The Monkees were purely manufactured, Elvis didn't write his own songs and if it's a matter of longevity, The Beatles were only at their peak for seven years, '62 to '69. As were The Rolling Stones, the main difference being that no-one has ever dared tell them.

True, but Elvis was one of the few male singers to cross into different styles of music successfully, rock n roll, power ballads, gospel etc....how many could do that now???? male singers i mean
  • mark130273
    Options
    True, but Elvis was one of the few male singers to cross into different styles of music successfully, rock n roll, power ballads, gospel etc....how many could do that now???? male singers i mean

male singers ?erm who could get no one hits with rock n roll, power ballards, gospel............

i know peter andre !!!!:lol::lol:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    male singers ?erm who could get no one hits with rock n roll, power ballards, gospel............

i know peter andre !!!!:lol::lol:

you should be shot for that answer mark :glare:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Aye, but there were less styles of the same or similar music then so any crossover was easier. For instance, thirty years ago, we just had heavy metal - AC/DC, Judas Priest etc - and hard rock - Deep Purple, Zeppelin etc. Then we had thrash metal crossing punk/hard rock/heavy metal which eventually gave birth to hardcore metal, black metal, death metal, industrial metal, rap metal etc... The argument being that nowadays, even within the same kind of genre, there are hugely different variations of style.
  • mark130273
    Options
    you should be shot for that answer mark :glare:

yeh but you still found it funny ?
  • blobbyh
    Options
    yeh but you still found it funny ?

No.
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    Aye, but there were less styles of the same or similar music then so any crossover was easier. For instance, thirty years ago, we just had heavy metal - AC/DC, Judas Priest etc - and hard rock - Deep Purple, Zeppelin etc. Then we had thrash metal crossing punk/hard rock/heavy metal which eventually gave birth to hardcore metal, black metal, death metal, industrial metal, rap metal etc... The argument being that nowadays, even within the same kind of genre, there are hugely different variations of style.

yeah but thats mainly sort of niche music now isnt it, the nearest to mainstream being punk rock??? maybe?? i agree that music variation has grown, which should tell you that musical talent has grown....but has it???
  • mark130273
    Options
    yeah but thats mainly sort of niche music now isnt it, the nearest to mainstream being punk rock??? maybe?? i agree that music variation has grown, which should tell you that musical talent has grown....but has it???

the musically talent has not grown and if they keep on making shows like x factor and pop idol then the talent will not be grown either ....the perfect thing was michel mcmanus........wins because...its not because she was the best singer it was because she had some fans in here and everyone in scotland .....

so these programme are not all about the talent they are all bout how much support you can get using your talent/skills ???

another case ...chico ? how far would have he got in the show if he had the personality of a potato ?
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    michel mcmanus

who is that?
  • mark130273
    Options
    michelle mcmanus
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    michelle mcmanus

????
  • mark130273
    Options
    she won pop idol a few years ago......she was ok but never should of won ?
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    she won pop idol a few years ago......she was ok but never should of won ?

never heard of her :lol:
Privacy Policy