Spreadsheets

Options
MariaL
MariaL Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor ⭐
I have read on BPP's website that AAT allow the use of Recognised Prior Learning to achieve the spreadsheets paper exemption. Whilst waiting on a response from BPP I wondered if anyone on here new what the qualifications are?

Thanks

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello Maria

I don't know what qualifications are acceptable, however I do know that the ECDL Advanced Excel was not acceptable.

What qualification are you hoping to gain an exemption with?

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Kris1990
    Kris1990 Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    Hello Maria

I don't know what qualifications are acceptable, however I do know that the ECDL Advanced Excel was not acceptable.

What qualification are you hoping to gain an exemption with?

JC

I've got the Advanced ECDL qualification and to be honest it's very similar to Spreadsheets. If it's possible to gain exemption with anything it should be Avanced ECDL Excel.

Maria when BPP get back to you, please could you post the qualifications that give you expemtion from Spreadsheets? I'm sitting Spreadsheets on 22nd April, if I have the qualifications, I may be able to cancel the exam in time.

Cheers
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Kris1990 wrote: »
    I've got the Advanced ECDL qualification and to be honest it's very similar to Spreadsheets. If it's possible to gain exemption with anything it should be Avanced ECDL Excel.

Maria when BPP get back to you, please could you post the qualifications that give you expemtion from Spreadsheets? I'm sitting Spreadsheets on 22nd April, if I have the qualifications, I may be able to cancel the exam in time.

Cheers

I thought the same about ECDL Kris. I sent the ECDL syllabus over to my assessor who emailed back and said not acceptable. There is nothing lost by doing the module, the only issue I guess is the cost, however you may still be charged this when claiming exemption/apl.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MariaL
    MariaL Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I was advised to submit my certificates for previous qualifications and then they would come back to me with an answer. As the exam cost is not much more than the exemption fee I have decided to complete the module afterall as there is nothing wrong with refreshing my knowledge.
    After passing PEAF and Cost & Revenues on Wednesday this is my final exam before Level 4. Hoping to complete this in April so I will have done Level 2 & 3 in 1 year. Level 4 complete by Christmas, fingers crossed.
Privacy Policy