How long are you giving yourself to pass level4?

Options
Kinglee89
Kinglee89 Registered Posts: 15 Regular contributor ⭐
I finished Level 3 two weeks ago now and I am now on level 4 Budgeting and Fin Performance.

I hope to finish the rest of this level by end of Feb (so I don’t have to pay for another years AAT student membership). I’m going to take both the tax modules and if there is time I’d like to do credit management (I work as a credit controller so it should not be too hard)

I work Full time and have the Kids over on the Weekend + I am getting married next month (as of today) is 7 months realistic?

Have you set yourself goals and if so are you on track?

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yes you should be able to complete this within 7 months... as long as you work hard and complete plenty of practice questions/practice assessments I see no reason for no doing so.

My level 4 was about 7/8 months long.

Good luck with level 4 and also your wedding... I hope the weather stays nice like now for you :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Options
    HI Kinglee89

I set the target for 6 months as i've done Level 2/3 at that. I have taken longer so far, I had a feeling it would, but i wanted to get my college sessions in at 6 months.

I started late November and have 2 exams left. It depends how much time you have on your hands, if i could go back i would have revised a lot more in shorter periods of time, but i needed a social life too much!

February seems do-able, if you're committed. Also just be wary of credit management etc. As i know a credit controller who failed the exam as they thought it would have been easy due to their job. Just be wary is all :)

Best of luck
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Options
    I dont like answering these questions, I took 1 1/2 yrs to take level 3 at a resonable pace, level 4 is alot more work for me and I study on average 15-20 hrs a week, plus my full time job and full time social life (comes with mine and the fellas job)
    I have only taken one exam and studying for the second one, have two years tutor support which I think is fair with still having the odd weekend off after an exam. :001_unsure:
  • emuratty
    emuratty Registered Posts: 66 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Studied at college one day a week, started in September just waiting for last 2 exam results. Probably put in equivalent of another day studying at home.

Wouldn't bother with credit management, do the 2 taxes instead.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    emuratty wrote: »
    Wouldn't bother with credit management, do the 2 taxes instead.
    I agree.... or do all three :001_tongue:
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Kinglee89
    Kinglee89 Registered Posts: 15 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think i will do the 2 Tax ones 1st then Credit management if I have time.

It my help in getting better job as a fall back if its not the right time to go SE or there are no Tax Jobs around.

Sales led jobs are 10 a penny in London + ill have 2 years exp in credit control/sales ledger by then.
  • emuratty
    emuratty Registered Posts: 66 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I chose to do the credit management becuase I thought it would help in my job, and would look good on my certificate. However, the first section of the exam is all multiple choice and focuses mainly on contract law and terminology. The second section includes analysing clients accounts to assess their credit risk (using a given scoring system) and advising on what action to take where clients havent paid.

I really felt that I didn't really learn anything useful doing this module, and it was extremely tedious to learn. It was "sold" to us at college as the easy module, but I didn't think it was that easy - some of the multiple choice questions related to information we hadn't been given at college, neither was it contained within the textbook. It is quite a short module, but there is a lot of terminology to remember and also the ratios to learn (you do learn them in some other modules on level 4 as well).

I would say only do the credit management if you want it on your certificate because you want to be a credit controller or similar.

Both the taxes are quite difficult modules as there is a lot to take in, but if you do one of them I would suggest you do both as there is a bit of overlap between the two. I found the personal tax fairly difficult to get to grips with, but then moved on to business tax and found that quite easy having already done the personal tax.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Privacy Policy