FNST Exam (Old Standards) - FAIL!

Claire1705
Claire1705 Registered Posts: 37 Epic contributor 🐘
Argh...! So today I got the news after six weeks (good old AAT marking timescales) that I have failed Financial Statements AQ2010. It was admittedly the hardest exam I have taken yet and only have BTX left to do! Even so, I worked through any revision and study material I could get my hands on before attempting to sit the exam and think ultimately it might have been the written questions that let me down although I have requested the detailed feedback to see what the damage is! Anyone else REALLY struggled with this and had to retake? Any advice on what to do between now and sitting a retake? Apparently some students struggling to fit in completing a level on the old standards can now transfer and complete any remaining units as normal but on the new standards. My understanding was that if you transferred having already completed a fair bit of a level like I have there was likely to be some gaps ie. more exams?

Comments

• topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Claire1705 wrote: »
    Argh...! So today I got the news after six weeks (good old AAT marking timescales) that I have failed Financial Statements AQ2010. It was admittedly the hardest exam I have taken yet and only have BTX left to do! Even so, I worked through any revision and study material I could get my hands on before attempting to sit the exam and think ultimately it might have been the written questions that let me down although I have requested the detailed feedback to see what the damage is! Anyone else REALLY struggled with this and had to retake? Any advice on what to do between now and sitting a retake? Apparently some students struggling to fit in completing a level on the old standards can now transfer and complete any remaining units as normal but on the new standards. My understanding was that if you transferred having already completed a fair bit of a level like I have there was likely to be some gaps ie. more exams?

HI Claire,

my advice would be not to let this set you back.

Put in for your resit ASAP.while the knowledge is reasonably fresh , it will come back to you quick once you start skimming the books again .

For this i got hold of every single practice paper and question bank i could and went through them twice. I think went through the written answers again and again just copying them out over and over.

Best of luck !
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    I wrote an article on preparing to pass FNST which can be found here:
    http://www.stevecollings.co.uk/preparing-to-pass-aat-paper-fnst/
    I hope you find it useful.
    Regards.
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Claire,

I have to say I am really struggling on this one. It is definately the hardest so far, and I can honestly say I dont feel comfortable in any of the questions yet and my exam is in just under 3 weeks! Really tempted to set it back, I just cannot see how I am going to learn everything in time! Good luck with your retake, let us know how you get on.

Also in terms of the changeover, my understanding is the only unit which is going to be alot more to it is the ICAS project, everything else will be fairly similar on the new standards.
Privacy Policy