Accident at work

Richard2013
Richard2013 Registered Posts: 23 Regular contributor ⭐
Hail to you fellow members I had an accident at work.a box fell on my head from 4metres.i was wearing a safety hat so I am alive.my neck hurt after the accident for a short while.Now it's not so terrible.I was talking to a forklift driver about important matters when the box suddenly dropped on top of head due to pallet that had been lifted was not properly wrapped.I am thinking of making a claim against the company.what would you do?I know you might presume I am after easy money, but that place is dangerous.

Comments

• hinezee
    hinezee Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    My perspective is that the safety culture at the company in question would help drive what course of action to take. For example if the company puts a lot of effort into safety and training employee's/contractors and lives by what it preaches in that regard I think it would be hard to demonstrate they were at fault. However if there is a lack of respect to safety then you may have something. A lot of it is common sense and you would need to demonstrate you were doing all you could to act in a safe manner and weren't distracted. For me, money wouldn't be my motivation to speak up but to ensure the lessons were learned to make the work place safer for everyone.
Privacy Policy