BTX.... I just keep going round and round in circles...

Chimpette22
Chimpette22 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
I took a year out while I had a baby, and now I've come back in full force I have BTX, Statement and the project left and then I'm done.

But I cannot get my head into Business Tax... I feel like I've done one chapter well and then answer some green light questions and they are wrong.

What's the trick to keep everything in your brain....????
Fully AAT qualified July 2015

Comments

• topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    i am in the same boat it is very tricky to say the least we just have to keep going and hope for the best :001_smile:

i find reviewing what you learnt the next day helps and then after that maybe 3 days later , or prompts to recall information
  • Makkusu
    Makkusu Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Understanding is the key to business tax. Taxation is one of those areas that if you purely try to memorize notes and methods... you will forgot a lot.

Try to grasp the reasoning and once you understand it'll be easier. All the important figures are given as data in the exam.
  • Chimpette22
    Thanks for the tips. After having another little break restarted studying last week. Happy to report I seem to be doing much better this time, hope it carries on this way might have finally got over baby brain :o)
  • Chimpette22
    Well I've booked my exam for next month, I'm on holiday next week so I will have just under 3 weeks to study my butt off before I sit it. Fingers crossed for good results. Has anyone sat the exam, is it a lot like the assessments on the website, as some of the level 4 exams I have taken have not been anything like the assessments.
  • Richard2013
    Richard2013 Registered Posts: 23 Regular contributor ⭐
    Good luck with the exam
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Good luck with the exams! Glad to see your back! :-)
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
Privacy Policy