AAT Exam keeps crashing

Options
Having issues with the exam freezing up and crashing, we have to Ctrl Alt and Del every time and re-launch the client to carry on with the exam. Have built a test machine using the guide from AAT with the correct specs. Anyone else having this issue and know about a fix for it? Spoke to AAT support and they have just replied the ctrl alt del quick fix.

This is obviously very off putting for when people are taking this exam.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi @rburke - are you referring to live assessments, or sample (practice) assessments? Also could you advise which assessment it is please?
  • rburke
    rburke Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    No its actual exams, we had another one last night and 8 exams crashed. its the secure assess aat client.
  • StuartW
    Options
    @rburke Having looked into this I understand it has been reported to our assessment systems team and is being addressed currently - I'm told they will be getting back to your college directly regarding this issue.
  • flyhigh
    flyhigh Registered Posts: 18 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Also exams this afternoon (Friday 16th Jan 2015) did not happen.

The servers were offline and this apparently affected exam centres up and down the country. I hope this will be fixed and soon.
  • StuartW
    Options
    @flyhigh Hi, can you tell me what assessment you were due to sit, and at which training provider please? Thanks.
  • flyhigh
    Options
    I was due to sit the Budgeting exam in Leeds with BPP.

There were a number of us doing different exams; we got the same error as we tried using the AAT Secure Client.

We then re-started all the PCs again, confirmed internet access was good by going to BBC, British Gas and Sky websites (all OK), then tried the AAT Secure Client which came up with the same Offline Message.

Waited around for an hour and a half and re-scheduled.
  • flyhigh
    Options
    The error message was in red. It came up after we had put our individual codes into the Secure Client. It said something like: "SERVER OFFLINE: Cannot verify exam code"
  • flyhigh
    Options
    Just wondering if this problem has been fully resolved during the past few days?
  • StuartW
    Options
    Hi @flyhigh, sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I raised this with the relevant team at AAT and have been informed that this was a local issue with the system of the training provider in question which is being investigated. Apparently this was not an issue on a larger scale and I understand there have been no further incidents since.

Sorry I don't have any more info for you right now, but I've asked to be kept informed as to the outcome of the investigation.

Stuart
  • flyhigh
    Options
    I am very pleased to hear that there have been no further incidents since. Today should go smoothly then.
    Thank you for ensuring you are kept in the AAT loop and I look forwards to hearing of the outcome of the investigation.
Privacy Policy