how difficult is level 3? should I self-study?

Options
squig
squig Registered Posts: 2
Hello everyone. I've just finished AAT Level 2--self studied with no prior accounting knowledge and I found it fairly easy--passed all exams on the first go. Is level 3 a lot harder? Should I self-study again?

Comments

• jakeharlow
    jakeharlow Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    You should be okay with self study for level 3, it isnt that much challenging than level 2. The most difficult exam would be PETH and Cost and Revenues. But i am sure you would be okay with this
  • NickCraggs
    NickCraggs Registered, Tutor Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Dont forget you will need a training provider to at least mark your Ethics and Spreadsheet exams.
    Nick Craggs FMAAT AATQB ACA, AAT Branch Member and Distance Learning Director at First Intuition

firstintuition.co.uk/
  • Tetiana
    Tetiana Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, squig,
    I am planning to self study as well. Just a quick question. Where and how did you pass computerized accounting level. Thanks for the feedback.
    P.S. Do you still need the level 2 books by the way?
  • squig
    squig Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone--I didn't even know anyone answered as I didn't get any notifications!
    Tetiana said:

Hi, squig,
    I am planning to self study as well. Just a quick question. Where and how did you pass computerized accounting level. Thanks for the feedback.
    P.S. Do you still need the level 2 books by the way?

Hi Tetiana,

I just went to a training provider that accepted external students for exams. I learned Sage just from the Osborne book plus using a free trial version of the software from the Sage website. I almost did the Sage module at a training provider but I'm glad I didn't as I saved myself £300!

I don't know if I still need my books but I will be holding onto them a while longer.
  • fatmouse
    fatmouse Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi can I ask how long did it take to complete level 2
    Well done by the way.
Privacy Policy