how difficult is level 3? should I self-study?

squig
squig Registered Posts: 2
Hello everyone. I've just finished AAT Level 2--self studied with no prior accounting knowledge and I found it fairly easy--passed all exams on the first go. Is level 3 a lot harder? Should I self-study again?

Comments

• jakeharlow
    jakeharlow Registered Posts: 4
    You should be okay with self study for level 3, it isnt that much challenging than level 2. The most difficult exam would be PETH and Cost and Revenues. But i am sure you would be okay with this
  • NickCraggs
    NickCraggs Registered, Tutor Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Dont forget you will need a training provider to at least mark your Ethics and Spreadsheet exams.
    Nick Craggs FMAAT AATQB ACA, AAT Branch Member and Distance Learning Director at First Intuition

firstintuition.co.uk/
  • Tetiana
    Tetiana Registered Posts: 4
    Hi, squig,
    I am planning to self study as well. Just a quick question. Where and how did you pass computerized accounting level. Thanks for the feedback.
    P.S. Do you still need the level 2 books by the way?
  • squig
    squig Registered Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone--I didn't even know anyone answered as I didn't get any notifications!
    Tetiana said:

Hi, squig,
    I am planning to self study as well. Just a quick question. Where and how did you pass computerized accounting level. Thanks for the feedback.
    P.S. Do you still need the level 2 books by the way?

Hi Tetiana,

I just went to a training provider that accepted external students for exams. I learned Sage just from the Osborne book plus using a free trial version of the software from the Sage website. I almost did the Sage module at a training provider but I'm glad I didn't as I saved myself £300!

I don't know if I still need my books but I will be holding onto them a while longer.
  • fatmouse
    fatmouse Registered Posts: 2
    Hi can I ask how long did it take to complete level 2
    Well done by the way.
Privacy Policy