AAT Level 4 - Home Study

Good evening,
I have recently completed level 3 by studying via Kaplan Distance Learning. The cost was roughly £750 which included textbook, workbook, revision notes. On top of this I had to pay £500 for exams.

I was wondering if it is possible to just buy the books online and book an exam instead registering with a provider? I live in Cardiff and I have had to commute to Bristol to do an exam while studying so this has added roughly and extra £170 to the total cost.
If anyone has any experience of studying via this method or know of any exam providers in South Wales I would be grateful for a response.

Thank you for your help in advance

Adam

Comments

• douglasstroud
    douglasstroud Registered Posts: 295 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Adam

I passed level 4 by doing home study the only module you will have to use a training provider for will be the ICAS report.
    I live in Bridgend and bought the study books from Osborne and then booked the exams with ACT who are based in Cardiff.

Hope this has helped and good luck.

Doug
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Of course you can Adam!!

Like Doug said, you would only need a training provider for the ICAS report.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • zebra246
    zebra246 Registered Posts: 57
    I agree with the previous 2 posters. I am just finishing Level 4 now. Distance learning. I don't even live in the UK. I have to fly in for exams!

Ensure you use the resources on the AAT website as I have found Kaplan material to sometimes not quite match the syllabus content. Perhaps Kaplan is always playing catch up with the syllabus changes, not sure.
Privacy Policy