Need to finish AQ2013 before 31 December 2017

Hi everyone,

Starting to get really worried as I am still waiting for 1 exam result (I think I have passed), but also need to resit cash management.
I really struggled in the real exam, but practice exams were fine.

.I'm a bit apprehensive that I could potentially not complete it on AQ2013 syllabus before 31st December 2017.
I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me? And needs to complete exams on AQ2013 before then.

Any advice for Cash Management would be much appreciated.

Struggling really bad, and feeling very anxious :(

Thanks
AAT Level 3 - May 2016
AAT Level 4 - December 2017

Comments

• Marshy77
    Marshy77 Registered Posts: 34
    Yes same. Just failed my Business Tax, waiting on Personal Tax and need to take Performance!! Nightmare.
  • rvs29
    rvs29 Registered Posts: 76
    sorry to hear that :( maybe consider another easier optional unit? I failed business tax 3 times so changed to credit control!
    have you done your project?
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • Marshy77
    Yes passed my project just really struggling with the exams - just having the time to do it all really is my problem. Finding it hard to find the time once I've finished work and sorted the family out.
  • rvs29
    @Marshy77 it must be difficult, but looking on the positive side helps a lot (i know it's hard to do)

I just could not get to grips with BTAX, so switched to credit control, which I bought with Kaplan on a distance learning course. I got the study text book, revision kit, pocket notes, and a few videos on kaplan. I think this was about £180 but so worth it!! I only sat the exam last week so still waiting for the result - but it was very easy!!! it consists of only 4 chapters!! And the practice exams on AAT were extremely similar to my exam!

Make sure your doing all of the practice exam papers, and read the answers for them thoroughly.

Good luck with your PTAX result. When are you expecting the result?
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • Marshy77
    Around the 2nd Nov. Performance exam on the 6th and then probably BTAX on the 16th.

I was 50/50 on BTAX but just noticed my feedback - horrendous!! Feel more positive on PTAX - should pass and will be gutted if I don't.

Just got to carry on and see what happens but really don't want to do the synoptic exam.
  • rvs29
    It's good that you are feeling positive on PTAX!

I would advise doing credit control, as BTAX, PTAX, and FPFM are all big exams, and if your feedback was horrendous (i'm sure it wasn't that bad!) then deffo do credit control.

I also don't want to do the synoptic either, I've heard its extremely hard! and also based on 3 modules! I could not deal with that so really hoping to pass my cash management resit in November!
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    I'm in the same boat as you all - one module pass away from completion, and hoping that I'll get a pass mark as I already submitted.

(I took PTAX and BTAX and passed both on 3rd attempt back in March)

I submitted my ISYS project just over a week ago and am just waiting for the result on it; but it's not a surefire pass, because I couldn't contact my tutor from my training provider (I finished my tuition sessions at the college back in May, and have lost contact since), so I just finished the project on my own and uploaded it all to the AAT portal.

All I can do is wait, and hope, for about another 5 weeks (16 Nov)!
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
Privacy Policy