AQ2013 - do you need to pass exams before 31st December or take them before 31st December??

Hi everyone,

AQ2013 - do you need to pass exams before 31st December or take them before 31st December?? And then wait for the result for 6 weeks with hopes that you have passed??

Thanks
AAT Level 3 - May 2016
AAT Level 4 - December 2017

Comments

• Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    edited October 2017
    I would have said sat them before the Dec 31st deadline, but now you've asked I feel I need to check with my distance learning tutor just to be sure (same for ISYS project), though aiming to sit my last L4 in 3-4 weeks.

AAT webpage confirms what I thought - https://www.aat.org.uk/training/aq2016/update
    Key dates for the AQ2013 and AQ2016 qualifications
    2017 - 31 December - This is the last date you can take assessments for the current AQ2013 qualifications

With Christmas the real deadline is more like Dec 22nd or even earlier. I'm fairly sure the provider I go to are only open until Dec 20th as I meant to sit my first L4 module FSTM but had to push it into Jan as I didn't feel ready, so you should check with where you go so you don't leave it too late!
  • rvs29
    rvs29 Registered Posts: 76
    If you are only sitting your first L4 module (FSTM) in January, why are you doing the ISYS project? The ISYS project doesn't count after 31 December and a synoptic exam has to be done instead?
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
    AAT Level 4 - December 2017
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    edited October 2017
    I opted to remain in AQ2013 before the cut off date in 2016, and only started L4 second week of Oct'16 and had planned on sitting Financial Statements by the end of Dec'16 but left it too late since I had never booked an exam myself before.

So my exams under AQ2013 have been:
    Financial Statements - Jan 17
    Financial Performance - Mar 17
    Budgeting - May 17
    Business Tax - Aug 17
    Credit Control - Nov 17 (planned)
    Project - first draft Oct 17 (only some small bits to sort out, and cut the words back from 5500), Dec 17 (final submission, if not before)
  • osaedoh
    osaedoh Registered Posts: 2
    it just has to be taken before 31st december
  • osaedoh
    osaedoh Registered Posts: 2
    I'm in the same boat, I'm on my second draft for my isys which is due dec 10th, thats my 6th month cut off date, i feel confident about it. But the FSTM is killing me i failed it once ages ago, it was my first fail and I've started and stopped studying so many times i don't know where to start again. I've booked the exam for dec 14th, I'm just searching for some inspiration
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    @ Osaedoh - I passed FSTM on my third attempt, back in March...actually, I passed PTAX and BTAX on my third attempt at them each too, shortly after...

I did it by focusing on one particular subject at a time (I had originally tried revising multiple subjects and then got myself confused in the exam); I'd start with the Green Light test, and any questions I didn't fully understand on that, I'd then go back and re-read those sections of my book, and try some examples from the book too. Then when I was confident on those sections, I had a second go on the Green Light. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

It can be done! Just keep it up! :D
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
Privacy Policy