Cash Management - forecasting cash position

Hi guys, I have a few questions regarding question 1 on the AAT practice papers...

1. Why are all of the positive changes shown as negatives and vice versa? Or is it meant to just represent a payment?
2. How does tax paid work out to be £19000?
3. How do you calculate change in cash position?

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• rvs29
    rvs29 Registered Posts: 76
    Hi @gabriellenlewis I would suggest going over your text books again if you don't know this!!

1. You need to learn what changes need to be added back/deducted from profit.
    2. You're looking at the wrong answers for this... the tax charge is £55000 not £19000. £19000 comes from sample assessment 1??
    3. You work out the change in cash position by adding or deducting the changes to the profit??

Bit worrying....is your exam soon??
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
    AAT Level 4 - December 2017
  • gabriellenlewis
    gabriellenlewis Registered Posts: 129
    This was a question. I didn’t ask for an opinion from anyone! I am self learning and have only just started on this module. I understand the math, but the set up of the question-answers is what is confusing me. Thanks for nothing. Unnecessary.
  • rvs29
    if you have only just started then I wouldn't advise you to look at the practice exams just yet!!
    You should finish the studying, and then move on to revision, instead of asking others how to work something out...learn it for yourself.

Just saying
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • gabriellenlewis
    The whole point of this question platform is to get help “to learn” things!!! I’m not hurting you or anyone so why you are being rude and unnecessary is beyond me! Please leave this forum.
  • rvs29
    I am not being rude and unnecessary, I answered your question, and told you what to learn, and how to work out the net cash flow.

But giving you advice that you should finish your studies before you looks at practice assessments.

If you don't want an honest answer from someone, then don't post in the forum???

Thanks

AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • gabriellenlewis
    I didn’t ask for an opinion!!!

Well one thing I have learned, is not to use this platform for what I originally thought it was for (study support).
  • rvs29
    BUT...I do apologise if this is how you feel.
    I am not intentionally being 'rude' or 'unnecessary' - just giving an honest opinion/advice
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
Privacy Policy