Level 4 - External Auditing AQ2013 study time

Can anyone help me out?

How much study time do you think is required to study/revise the External Auditing syllabus and sit the exam before Christmas?
How many weeks/days do you think I would need if I did a few hours every evening and did studying on weekends?

Any overall advice on the exam in general?

AAT Level 3 - May 2016
AAT Level 4 - December 2017

Comments

• hal978
    hal978 Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did the exam today on the AQ2016 syllabus. I found it harder than the other exams, maybe because there were no calculations.
    I suggest you read through the Study and Assessment Guide and Performance Feedback.
    Study time would depend on your own level of ability and experience. For me it would be about 30-40 hours.
  • rvs29
    rvs29 Registered Posts: 76
    I haven't actually got the materials yet, but was thinking about possibly doing this depending on how my Cash Management retake goes next week.
    Really want to pass before xmas to avoid change over to AQ2016 syllabus!

Roughly how many weeks did it take you?

AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • hal978
    About 2 weeks.
  • rvs29
    Great thanks!!

If anyone else can share their views also, that would be fab :)
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • Vickixcx
    Vickixcx Registered Posts: 18
    I think studying a few hours each evening and weekends will be plenty. I managed to pass this exam first time. I struggled with Financial Performance majorly and I am wating on my result for Financial Statments (Which was a re-sit)
    The practice assements on AAT were a big help to me.

Good luck! :)
  • rvs29
    Thank you so much @Vickixcx - can I ask what study material/training provider did you use?
    and what were your most useful and effective method of revision?

Thanks !! :)
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • Vickixcx
    Hey @rvs29 - I studied with Kaplan and they were really good. I mainly did the practice assesments on the AAT website, also I did extra revision on the written elements as that is where you will gain most of your marks.
    Honestly if I can pass it first time, you will be fine! B)
  • rvs29
    Aw thank you so much, means a lot haha!

I will be self studying this, so just hope it goes well!!
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • Vickixcx
    You will be fine, it's more common sense than anything. You will be surprised how much you will take in.

Get doing the practice assesments as soon as, they are a big help.
  • rvs29
    Thanks!

I have got my cash management resit next week, so depending on how that goes, I will buy the study material from Kaplan and start studying straight away so that I can sit the exam before xmas!!
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • alexvoce
    alexvoce Registered Posts: 16
    I am still awaiting my results but i found it the easiest exam (watch me fail now). It's mainly common sense i have been waiting 4 weeks 4 days and it's my final exam i just want to know i've passed! I just read the Kaplan book.
  • Vickixcx
    @alexvoce Ah fingers crossed you have passed. Are your results not on AAT yet? I reckon they may be there.
  • rvs29
    I agree, they may have been uploaded yesterday, as they usually release them on a Thursday!
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • alexvoce
    @Vickixcx I've been checking twice a day and they haven't yet i reckon next week. My last exam financial performance was marked bang on 4 weeks (I didn't check until 5 weeks had passed!) I usually don't check but with it being my final exam i've been a bit excited! =)=)
  • Vickixcx
    @alexvoce keep me posted! ;)
  • alexvoce
    @Vickixcx I'm still waiting!! I'm hoping today's the day!!!!!!!!!
  • rvs29
    @alexvoce they tend to release results on a thursday, so hopefully you will find out tomorrow!! I hateee the waiting for results :(
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • Vickixcx
    @alexvoce there is nothing worse! :s@rvs29 is right, the results are usually released on Thursday. I reckon they will be there tomorrow. I have seen on here somewhere that they are usually released about 4pm ish. :)
  • alexvoce
    @Vickixcx @rvs29 my account this morning changed to an Affiliate profile! But results not yet posted but i take this as an indication that i have passed yay finally done it!
  • rvs29
    @alexvoce congratulations!!!! :D
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • Vickixcx
    @alexvoce Ahhhh that is amazing! I have just checked my profile too and mine has changed also. I was waiting for my results for my financial statements. (It was my 3rd resit so didn't want to say anything incase I jinxed it)
    Don't know about you but I am sooooo happy right now!! Didn't think this day would ever come! Haha :3
  • rvs29
    @Vickixcx congratulations to you also!!
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • alexvoce
    @Vickixcx Congratulations too! They even have given me my exam breakdown so i don't need to email my provider as well. Also spoke to someone on live chat they have pushed my application through so i am now MAAT. I'm more relieved than anything as I stopped 2 and a half years ago as i changed job only had 2 modules left and had to get a move on!

Are you planning to go onto charted? If so which one?
  • rvs29
    Vickixcx said:

@alexvoce Ahhhh that is amazing! I have just checked my profile too and mine has changed also. I was waiting for my results for my financial statements. (It was my 3rd resit so didn't want to say anything incase I jinxed it)
    Don't know about you but I am sooooo happy right now!! Didn't think this day would ever come! Haha :3

How long did you have to wait for your result ?
    AAT Level 3 - May 2016
  • Vickixcx
    @alexvoce I am going to go onto CIMA, mainly as that is what my current job requires. I am more than happy to do CIMA although a few years ago I was wanting to go down the ACCA route. I will get in contact with them now to see if I can get changed to MAAT. A big congratulations to you. All the hard work has paid off! :)
  • Vickixcx
    @rvs29 I had to wait 5 weeks, I have got an exam booked for the 13th. I booked it just incase I didn't pass this time round. I did not want to move over to AQ2016!!! Nooo wayyy after what I have been reading on here!
  • alexvoce
    @Vickixcx Can you get a refund? It's good that they actually give you a result breakdown on the site now i absolutely smashed it!
    I'm undecided which to do. I like the thought of the degree with ACCA.
  • Vickixcx
    @alexvoce I don't think I can! I will just have to write it off I suppose! Glad you smashed it! The breakdown they now give on the site is good, saves you having to contact your training provider.
    My friend is studying ACCA, she has worked in finance for many years and ACCA is more suited to her role. If you're not working in finance then I would say to do whatever sparks your interest, if not do whichever is better suited to your job role.
  • WarrenJAllen
    WarrenJAllen Registered Posts: 19 Regular contributor ⭐
    I've got my exam booked for Wednesday 13th December.
    I opened the Kaplan book to start studying properly last night, so I've got 5 days to get this done... I was worried that I hadn't given myself enough time, but seeing that @alexvoce has passed has given me a little more confidence.

He's about as basic as people come, so I have faith!

(Love you really Voccellini :p<3 )
  • hal978
    Well done to all.
    I got my result for ETAU (AQ2016) this afternoon and I also did better than I thought.
    Now only waiting for that Synoptic result! I should have done the project instead but I left it too late.
Privacy Policy