Worried about final grade

xHolmesyx
xHolmesyx Registered Posts: 16
Hi guys,

I'm currently studying AAT Level 3 and have achieved the following results:

Indirect Tax: 90% (10%)
Advanced Bookkeeping: 91% (20%)
Costing: 85% (20%)

I'm a bit disappointed that I got 85% in the costing exam as im aiming for distinction, will this be hard to make up for in the other exams to get an overall distinction?

Also, how much does your level 3 overall grade matter if you plan to do AAT Level 4 and ACA or ACCA?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    Hi Chris,

Until last year you didn't get graded on any of the levels so I wouldn't worry too much about a distinction.

Companies will only look at the fact you have completed the grade I would think.

Rachel
  • Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    I don't think AAT grades overall are too big of a deal. I think employers would put more emphasis on experience and suitability to the role than to how well you pass AAT. I can't imagine it being used as a tie-breaker.

A pass is a pass in my mind, and if you're looking to go chartered your AAT grade will become even less relevant.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • ClareJo
    ClareJo Registered Posts: 11
    Yes companies only look at the fact that you passed rather than what percent grade you got so dont worry about it
  • xHolmesyx
    xHolmesyx Registered Posts: 16
    Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated.
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Agreed with previous replies.. I am for example aiming to get qualified ASAP so the grade for me doesn't really matter. L3 I've done within 6 months that's with full time employment. In CV you would put AAT Level 4 Qualified or Professional Diploma in AAT achieved, I don't expect you would write your grade as well.

Don't panic!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
Privacy Policy