Can I progress to level 4 with incomplete level 3?

jrl993
jrl993 Registered Posts: 3
Just a bit of background I've just failed my re-sit for final accounts preparation (65% argh) and I'm not overly confident I'll pass my synoptic when I get the results back. I had already applied and been accepted onto a college course for level 4 but I just wanted to confirm if anyone knows will I be physically restricted from sitting the level 4 exams? My plan was to, if need be, re-sit the outstanding level 3 exams in September.

Comments

• AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Hi jrl993, AAT doesn't require level 3 before starting level 4 but your college may have different requirements.
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    There is no requirement, but I would give the advice that level 4 is a big step up from level 3 so I would carry on and complete the resits. It doesn't seem you are that far off and passing them would be a boost to your morale.

Also I know with the ICAEW, some of the exemptions require some of the level 3 syllabus. Can't saay for ACCA,CIMA etc.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • jrl993
    jrl993 Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks for the replies. The college do not discriminate against not having completed level 3 but I'm definitely going to complete the outstanding exams will just have to work harder!
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    You can do it ?
  • skbrar
    skbrar Registered Posts: 4
    Could I ask where you have been accepted for this course? As I would also like to continue with my AAT level 4, having failed the synoptic level 3 which I will resit, but don't want there to be a delay with my studies
  • ClareJo
    ClareJo Registered Posts: 11
    I believe you can do it
Privacy Policy