Management Decision and Control

Options
Hi Guys, I just thought I would try and help anybody doing this exam. I've got my result back today and got 89% which i'm really surprised at but really really happy! I put in ALOT of hours revising and doing practice questions from the KAPLAN books and also the BPP Revision books. I bought the BPP revision text and also the study text.
I heard that it was quite difficult and that there were had previously been complaints with the questions not reflecting the practice ones before I sat the exam so I've been really nervous as I took a week off work to revise (in total I revised for a couple of months just studying from home with the books- no tutor). Naturally it can take me a good few times practicing something (I do find making flashcards very useful as I'm a visual learner) for it to click so I've given myself reassurance that as long as i put the hours in it WILL pay off. I would literally get home from work at 6 and revise for about 4 hours a night, then also revise each weekend. Felt like my life was put on hold but i'm glad I did it that way.
Just bought Cash and Treasury Management texts to start on, thinking i might not need as long to revise (thinking maybe a month) but if anybody else has done it I'd like to hear from you!

Comments

• lorraine frame
    lorraine frame Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I’m really struggling with this only managed 39% resit booked for 29 July do you think you could help me manage to get to 70% ?????
  • lorraine frame
    Options
    Would you be able to help me get to 70% from 39%, I thought I'd done better than that! and to be honest the study I have put in does not justify the mark lol. I struggle with the reporting side of things and tend to avoid any written questions but it would seem my figure work needs looked at also. I am taking 4 hours today to try and fix a study plan. I work full time and go to the gym. How many hours per week should I be devoting to study??
  • hal978
    hal978 Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options

Would you be able to help me get to 70% from 39%, I thought I'd done better than that! and to be honest the study I have put in does not justify the mark lol. I struggle with the reporting side of things and tend to avoid any written questions but it would seem my figure work needs looked at also. I am taking 4 hours today to try and fix a study plan. I work full time and go to the gym. How many hours per week should I be devoting to study??

Do you do the sample AAT assessments online? Do you do the assessments in books e.g. BPP, Kaplan, Osborne? Do you mark yourself (including the written questions)? All of these things are useful.
  • lorraine frame
    Options
    Yes I do the online assessments, I have bpp books as well as Kaplan and Osborne. I have worked with my present boss for 16 years, we have 300 sole traders 15 partnerships about 25 Ltd companies. I have never used variances etc. So I really do struggle with the written questions, I think a lot of my trouble as well is nerves on the day!
Privacy Policy