Optional units - worth doing first before other units?

Bran278
Bran278 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
I just wondered, has anyone decided to do the two optional units first before the other four compulsory units?

My thinking being as they are not part of the synoptic, perhaps get them out the way first and then the others will be studied at least a little bit closer/prior to taking the synoptic?

Comments

• Parki82
    Parki82 Registered Posts: 50
    Hi
    That’s exactly what I did.
    My thinking being the same. I did personal tax and business tax, I too thought that as they weren’t part of the synoptic get them out of the way so to speak.
    I’m currently studying for the budgeting , then I’ll do decision and control then financial statements and synoptic.
    I really don’t think I could have faced having done the synoptic and then having to start two more units but having said that it worked for some people!
  • Studymeister
    Studymeister Registered Posts: 4
    No, doing the mandatory ones with synoptic first in case there's a syllabus change again. AQ2016 is due for update. Then the first 3 and synoptic will be in the bag, won't have to retake, and only the 2 standalone ones left to do which can be done under a new syllabus.
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Depends on the person. I did Financial statements then the optionals as they were more useful for work. In your situation (other post) if you think you can knock them out quickly I think it would be worth doing them so your not worried about the changes from FA18-FA19
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did Budgeting, then Credit management, then Financial Statements, then Decision & Control, then Auditing and now onto the Synoptic.

Auditing really helps with the Synoptic exam so worth doing these two close together!
Privacy Policy