How long did it take you to complete level 2?

I am just wondering how long it took everyone to complete level 2? I am studying with ICS and have been really struggling to follow their material. I bought a couple of Kaplan books and they have really helped. Bit annoying as they were 14-15 books so not up to date, but it was explained so much better than ICS. I find that ICS jumps from one thing to another without explanation and the videos do not tie in with what we are working on. I have decided to just use the books and then do the assessments on ICS. Has anyone had the same issues? I am worried this is going to take me too long as I am sort of starting all over again with the books.

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I studied my AAT though accountancy learning (you get some extra resources and a tutor but is mostly self study) and Level 2 took me a year due to other things going on. I learnt almost entirely from the online resources accountancy learning provided (level 2) and the osborne books (levels 3+4). You shouldn't have to start again as if you've done any exams they'll already be in the bag so to speak.

Level 3 took a year as I was looking for a work in accounting and didn't want to end up overqualified with no experience and Level 4 took me about 6 months.

Is there a specific area you don't feel you understand as if you post it here I'm sure people will help.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Gary1089
    Gary1089 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    I studied with ICS for level 2 and 3, level 2 took around 5 months and level 3 around 6 months to complete though I found the ICS end of topic quizzes a bit farcical at times, marking down correct answers and poorly worded questions. I’ve opted to study level 4 with no training provider, here’s hoping it doesn’t come back to bite me!
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    I studied Levels 2 and 3 at my local college; each course was structured to take approximately 6 months, so it wasn't really possible to go any faster. Level 4 took a year (plus most of another year to do my Internal Controls project 'cos I was slow off the mark due to health issues and thankfully got an extension).

Currently doing ACCA level 6 (the F-papers) and expect them to be finished in 18 months, and the P-papers in another year. xD
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
Privacy Policy