Continue to do Lv4 or not/ future job prospects without the Lv4??

Options
Hi everyone,

Any advice/ personal experiences or general opinions would be extremely helpful...

I'm 29 and decided on a career change around 2yrs ago, I wanted stability and was willing to earn less for a while till I figured it all out.

I currently work for a local authority (mainly within internal audit) and I'm approaching the end of my AAT Lv3 apprenticeship and hoping to be completed by November. The problem I'm facing is what next?

- Like many, I am working completely remote and feel that working this way has really changed how my apprenticeship has been delivered. It's not that I don't feel supported by the organisation I work for, but learning this way doesn't work for me. I have always faired better in a classroom/ workplace environment > I'm shy and reserved but in a classroom/ workplace I have nowhere to hide so forcing myself to work this way was beneficial to my development in the past.

- Although I haven't failed any exams (yet), the studying/ apprenticeship evidence gathering side of things has been tough. I think that might be down to working within internal audit most of the time and working remotely.

- I have been told I should be able to continue onto my Lv4 if I want to but I just don't know if I'm cut out for it, especially if everything continues to be delivered remotely. I have a degree but I appreciate this is a very different way of learning. What's more, I've come across many threads on this forum around the difficulty of the Lv4.

- I don't really like audit so would I prosper at Lv4 but with a different organisation that is perhaps more finance driven?

- Should I give up altogether?

- Can I get another position with just a Lv3 and revisit Lv4 in the near future?

I'm in a rut, void of motivation, feeling lost, drained and beginning to get anxious about my personal finances and career prospects moving forward.

Any advice at all would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Rest assured that while level 4 is a step up. From level 3.....it's massively doable with hard work

Go for it!!!!
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
Privacy Policy