To AATQB or to not AATQB

Options
Krisso
Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
With luck I will by this time next month be through Level 3. I am just waiting for my professional diploma books so I can start the final level amd waiting on the synoptic results.

My question is has anyone passed level 3 and upgraded thier membership to AATQB to offer the 5 services from under that licence while studying for level 4? It doesn't appear on the face of it that it is worth it for the little you can do but I could of course be missing something.

Would be interested to hear from anyone that did do this while studying for level 4 or did you just wait until Level 4 completion and go through the MAAT route?

Also while I am on the level 4 subject, I know there are 2 options you can take and I am thinking on taking business and personal tax. Does anyone know if you can study for a 3rd and just do an individual exam as I do like the forensic option as well.

Thanks

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    For the options you can study and do more of the exams but you won't get extra credit. Your final result will come off the best 2.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Krisso
    Options
    Don't think I am worried about the extra credit but I assume if in the future I want to offer a forensic service then I need to have studied it?
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Check with the AAT, but I'm pretty sure if you do an extra option it will show on your record.
  • Krisso
    Options
    Thanks Neil
Privacy Policy