Transition from 2016 to 2022 when I passed all units but the Level-4 Synoptic

Options
MRTavakoli
MRTavakoli Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
I did pass all my exams on the first attempt but I stuck in the Level 4 Synoptic after 3 unsuccessful attempts. I do really regret studying AAT and I should have studied ACCA which doesn't have Synoptic which is a reading and writing exam rather than an accounting test.
Anyway, how would be the transition from 2016 to 2022 while there is no Synoptic exam in 2022 and there are only 5 units required to pass, and I have already passed 5 units in Level 4?
I see there is a transition fee but didn't mention if we need to do another exam.
Can anyone advise me on this?

Comments

• Katy_C
    Katy_C Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    https://www.aat.org.uk/system/files/assets/AAT-AQ2016-Q2022-transitional-arrangements.pdf

I’m moving across as well to avoid taking the synoptic as I’m on a path to an overall distinction and I’m not blowing that on the synoptic !

I think you have to take L4 internal control (which replaces the synoptic) - I’ve just bought the new AQ2022 internal controls book and question bank from BPP. The earliest exam is September 2022 and there are no practice exams or green light tests on the AAT site yet.

Note that the cost management x2 modules only transition across at 70%
  • Hiyam1966
    Hiyam1966 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I also will move to the new AQ2022. I have passed 3 modules but failed the synoptic 2 times. I wonder if anyone can open the study planner which contains 2 practice assessments. I tried several times to open subjects inside the excel file but I could not. Please let me know if anyone can open the practice assessments or other subjects. Thank you and good luck for all.
  • NataliaBobrova
    NataliaBobrova Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you @MRTavakoli for the question! Studying QA2016, I still have to sit one optional (considering Business Tax) and my synoptic. After comments above I've started to consider moving to QA2022)). I wonder if there is any difference between moving now and complete optional and INAC on the new syllabus or sit my Business tax on QA2016 and then move to QA2022 for the final INAC exam.
    What do you think?
  • MRTavakoli
    MRTavakoli Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi @NataliaBobrova
    Thanks for the comment, I was told transition to Q2022 requires at least one unit left and I think as the Q2022 is new, there should be more study materials and practice assessments on the aat portal in the future, so you can pass your optional unit 2016 and move to 2022.
    I was going to book the INAC exam for September but is better wait to see what's others feedbacks on the moving and Q2022 exams.
    Regards
  • NataliaBobrova
    NataliaBobrova Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options

Hi @NataliaBobrova
    Thanks for the comment, I was told transition to Q2022 requires at least one unit left and I think as the Q2022 is new, there should be more study materials and practice assessments on the aat portal in the future, so you can pass your optional unit 2016 and move to 2022.
    I was going to book the INAC exam for September but is better wait to see what's others feedbacks on the moving and Q2022 exams.
    Regards

Having been looking for more information about transition, I'd rather agree with you. It's better complete as much units as possible accept synoptic and not to waste time waiting for more supporting information and my assessment provider compliance for AQ2022. Thank you for your opinion!
Privacy Policy