Please familiarise yourself with AAT's Online Community rules.

Discussion of exam papers

13»

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    hoobs wrote: »
    I am about to sit the dfs exam in December. Bit worried as our college had no tutor for us. Was just wondering I'm the exam papers of says to complete the proformas. Are these actually set out for us or do we have to put in all the wording too? I'm finding this studying stressful and self study is hard. This is my last exam, any advice?

some of its put in for you. In our Kaplan notes the headings in bold are given in the exam. The rest you have to fill in. I knw at the mo this may not mean much to you, but i dont have my notes on me
  • jkaur
    jkaur Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    exam results

Hi,

Does anyone know when the December sitting exam results are issued? And when are the resits?

Thanks
  • Elizabeth Freedman
    Elizabeth Freedman Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    We did the dec '08 in revision yesterday, our tutor warned us that this was the hardest exam given.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    jkaur wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know when the December sitting exam results are issued? And when are the resits?

Thanks

Around 16th Feb is when the results are issued
  • alibaba169
    alibaba169 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    don't worry if the wording isn't put into the pro forma, if you look further through paper you'll find it set out somewhere for another question and if they don't put it in for us it means less wordy questions
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hello

anyone knows what is the percentage to pass the exams? is it 70%?
  • monkeyrage
    monkeyrage Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    hi marga,

which exam have you just taken? i hope the pass rate is 70% or lower, as i think i have mucked up very badly on the ECR exam i have just taken!
  • Cristiane
    Cristiane Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    MAC exam

Was just me who found the MAC exam - Section 1 very difficulty today?

Cris
  • missy
    missy Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    hey, i think the pass mark is 80% i'm hoping they will lower it.
  • Marga
    monkeyrage wrote: »
    hi marga,

which exam have you just taken? i hope the pass rate is 70% or lower, as i think i have mucked up very badly on the ECR exam i have just taken!

hi i did the ECR today.... got stuck in one of the questions darn!!

tomorrow unit 30 and wednesday unit 5
  • Shar-ley
    Shar-ley Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am so upset with the BTC paper. I got out and felt like crying! Section 1 was really hard I hadn't even practiced anything on it. Definatley going to have to resit it... I feel awful! So annoyed because I put so much hard work into it and feel like i've totally wasted my time now.
  • Tracey Fraser
    Tracey Fraser Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Btc

I agree with you completely, i was expecting partnerships and apportionment, instead its a net loss, whats that about, never covered that, and then section 2 pctct over 2million, how come i revised all the wrong things and now have to concentrate on personal for friday, knowing i'll have to resit busines next year!

how are you s'posed to think about ACCA when you get through AAT!
  • Shar-ley
    Shar-ley Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    I know, I agree. I thought it would have been on Partnerships...
  • RichardK
    RichardK Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Passing exams

Hi everyone,

I passed my Technican exams last June.

Regarding your posts, please think of the up side.

If these were easy exams everyone would have an AAT qualification.

Regards
  • poacher
    poacher Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Technician Revision

Can anyone tell me which is the best revision book to go for. I have just started my AAT NVQ Level and I am struggling to retain all the information.

Help!!!!!!
  • RichardK
    RichardK Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    poacher wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me which is the best revision book to go for. I have just started my AAT NVQ Level and I am struggling to retain all the information.

Help!!!!!!

Hi, what NVQ level are you studying?

Generally speaking buy the Osborne books. Try to avoid BPP as they can be a bit vague in places.

This is especially the case with Personal Taxation.
  • Murshed
    Murshed Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    I am Struggling With MAC

Hi I have not Sat MAC exams, i have attended all the tuition classes including revision class, for that reason i have not sat the MAC exams. I have sucessfully passed all of my AAT units including the The MSP Project but this unit has given me a very stressful time as it had given me with the ECR exam.

Please if you anyone can come up with some suggestions, also by the way i am studing with Kaplan i was woundering if i purchased the osbourne books will it help me.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Have you tried all the past exam papers from the site? Usually they are a good help in finding out which parts you still need to work on. As far as I've understood, MAC is just an evil paper though. If you do a search on the forum on MAC or the subjects of MAC, I'm sure you will find a lot of posts.

It might also help to check those posts to see if there are any explanations that might help you as well.
  • INHISTIME
    INHISTIME Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    yes
  • smcpherson
    smcpherson Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Mac June

I really need some help I have sit mac exam in june and my result came out to be not competent what it the problem can some body tell me how to attempts each section please.
  • Princess05
    Princess05 Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Advice

Hi...I'm new to the forum and wondered if anyone could give me any good advice / tips on learning the variances for PEV (price usage etc) I seem to be struggling and getting confused with these
  • veyron
    veyron Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    please help

I have run out my member ship and I’m not in the UK to renew it. I cannot access to past exam papers and suggested answers for Foundation & Intermediate level. Does anyone has any different link or someway else i can get the papers

cheers
  • olga99
    olga99 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    If you give me what modules you are interested in I can send you all past exam questions and answers by email.
  • Marga
    Princess05 wrote: »
    Hi...I'm new to the forum and wondered if anyone could give me any good advice / tips on learning the variances for PEV (price usage etc) I seem to be struggling and getting confused with these

hi , look at these links where variances are explained

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28764&highlight=variances
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28720&highlight=variances
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=27278&highlight=variances
This discussion has been closed.
Privacy Policy