Pcr

Comments

• nikdan123
    nikdan123 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    :001_unsure:It never actually said to do the production statment using the marginal way so i was confused about that because it said show contribution...i just did it the same way as on paper as it never technically said which way you had to do it
  • mowzer
    mowzer Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Howdid you get the contribution figure?
  • nikyx
    nikyx Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    nikdan123 wrote: »
    :001_unsure:It never actually said to do the production statment using the marginal way so i was confused about that because it said show contribution...i just did it the same way as on paper as it never technically said which way you had to do it

did you show the contribution though? If not, do you think we will lose loads of marks for not doing it that way?
  • simon1983
    simon1983 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Contribution is a marginal costing term, as it's a contribution towards payment of fixed costs. Under absorption costing, fixed costs are absorbed into costs of production.
  • nikdan123
    i dont think we will lose a major amount of marks...i hope not anyway but sounds like a few ppl have dont it like us...just ave to not think about it.
  • nikdan123
    i no its a marginal costing term but compared to previous years papers the wording was crap
  • Oliver1987
    Oliver1987 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    mowzer wrote: »
    Most of mine were too. I panicked at first but when i wrote report i sort of bundled all the material into one because it was really the same thing and ended up with probably an average length report for this type of question
    Cortez wrote: »
    Actually scrap that ... I had 1,960 up until the Contribution bit. Then I thought I better add the fixed costs at the bottom and I'm pretty sure I had £1,945 adverse for profit as well.

For the actual Energy variable cost what did everyone get? Did you just do 60,000 * £18? Which gave you the same as budget but then you had a 30k variance on the fixed part?

I'm sure I had 1,990 up until the contribution as i kept my fixed cost the same for the energy which meant the variable changed to 18.50. Did anyone else do this? :huh:
  • mowzer
    It was sneaky just mentioning contribution n not being a bit more explicit
  • mowzer
    i kept the fixed costs the same, not sure what the cost per unit but we prob dod the same thing. i just couldn't see any other way
  • sam123
    sam123 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Oliver1987 wrote: »
    I did it this way and also came to the same result.
    nikdan123 wrote: »
    i dont think we will lose a major amount of marks...i hope not anyway but sounds like a few ppl have dont it like us...just ave to not think about it.

I did it the same as you too, just got confused about it so thought i'd just leave it out instead of messing it all up, lol
  • Cortez
    Cortez Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    I spend so long on Task 1.1 ... think I was 45 minutes or so before I finished that. I got to the end of it and then realised I hadn't done anything with opening and closing stock on the purchases budget so changed that and most the answers after than needed changing too!

Antoher question that I was a little confused with was the overtime, it said apportion overtime on the basis of average hourly rate ... what did everyone else take this to mean?

I took the total labour cost which was 1400 hours @ 8 + 495 hours @ 12 = 17140 and divided it by the number of hours 17140 / 1895 = 9.05 (rounded up to nearest penny).

Then when doing the total cost of production for each of the cartons I multiplied that by the number of hours I had calculated previously so I had something like ...

Labour
    250ml = 1263 * 9.05 = 11431
    500ml = 632 * 9.05 = 5720

Which is a total of 17151 .... £11 different due to rounding.

Anyone else do something similar to that?
  • accountschic
    accountschic Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    :huh:Hi

Yes I asumed it was his order already in and therefore all he could get.

I agree that if you did this then the revised plan could not be met by materials or labour.

I agree with everyone that it was porrly worded and not clear what you were been told or asked to do.

Considering it's technician and therefore complex enough with number crunching I don;t think we all need that added confusion. Afterall AAT are big on work place simulation well at work we know what we are aksed and expected to do.

Maybe both answers will be acceptable since we seem 50/50 and wording was bad.

What did you all think to the labout at average hourly rate... myself and my mates went blank.

I really should be revising PTC for tomorrow!
  • mowzer
    I spend so long on Task 1.1 ... think I was 45 minutes or so before I finished that. I got to the end of it and then realised I hadn't done anything with opening and closing stock on the purchases budget so changed that and most the answers after than needed changing too!

Antoher question that I was a little confused with was the overtime, it said apportion overtime on the basis of average hourly rate ... what did everyone else take this to mean?

I took the total labour cost which was 1400 hours @ 8 + 495 hours @ 12 = 17140 and divided it by the number of hours 17140 / 1895 = 9.05 (rounded up to nearest penny).

Then when doing the total cost of production for each of the cartons I multiplied that by the number of hours I had calculated previously so I had something like ...

Labour

I didn't do that but it could be right. i didn't have a clue n think i wasted a good five minutes just looking at that sentence. :mad2:
  • nikyx
    nikyx Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸

Labour

I read it as to charge them at the average hourly rate which would £10.00 (£8 normal & £12 Otime) So did:

1263*10
    632*10

but this gave me a higher figure so this was maybe wrong?
  • Oliver1987
    I also did a similar thing with the labour. It seemed like the most appropriate thing to do.

The wording really was awful throughout the paper.
  • sam123
    On the 1st section when did everyone convert the materials from Square Cm's to Square Metres? I did part (b) with the wasteage included and everything, and then part (c) said 'what is the production in square metres' so i just multiplied my part (b) answer by 10,000. Anyone else do something similar?
  • hunter
    hunter Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    pcr

Hi, I had same figures for labour, but panicked with the cost of production and just put total figures in for materials labour and overheads, I know this isnt what they asked for but I couldnt get my head round splitting it all out. Thought the paper was ok after PEV on Monday.:thumbup1:
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    I assumed that because the requirement to produce a flexed budget said "produce a flexed budget for actual turnover" rather than "actual volume; then the flexed budget turnover should be for the new rather than the original sale price. Did anyone else think that?
  • Cortez
    sam123 wrote: »
    On the 1st section when did everyone convert the materials from Square Cm's to Square Metres? I did part (b) with the wasteage included and everything, and then part (c) said 'what is the production in square metres' so i just multiplied my part (b) answer by 10,000. Anyone else do something similar?

In part B after wastage and opening/closing stock I left it in cm2.

In part C I divided my answer to B by 10,000.
  • mowzer
    sam123 wrote: »

yeah, but divided answers by 10,000
  • accountschic
    accountschic Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    I di that and got same variance as you.... then went on to waffle wondefully about the beauty of the variances!!

I am looking forward to a serious latge glass of wine after PTC tomorrow!!
  • simon1983
    simon1983 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    :huh:Hi

Yes I asumed it was his order already in and therefore all he could get.

I agree that if you did this then the revised plan could not be met by materials or labour.

I agree with everyone that it was porrly worded and not clear what you were been told or asked to do.

Considering it's technician and therefore complex enough with number crunching I don;t think we all need that added confusion. Afterall AAT are big on work place simulation well at work we know what we are aksed and expected to do.

Maybe both answers will be acceptable since we seem 50/50 and wording was bad.

What did you all think to the labout at average hourly rate... myself and my mates went blank.

I really should be revising PTC for tomorrow!

I did the same as you and came to the conclusion that both materials and labour were limiting factors, but I forgot to take into account the opening stock of materials. With that added to the 1,500metres was it still limited by material? I can't honestly remember what the figures were!

Just have to hope I got follow through marks and can still pass....
  • hunter
    hunter Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    I converted sq cms to sq metres, then:

Total sq mtres
    Less opening stock
    add closing stock
    then the wastage

I think that mite have been an error on my part, did anyone else do the same or have i fluffed it badly!!! hope not cos I thought the paper was generally ok.
  • Cortez
    What did everyone put for the question ... advise whether the change in selling price was beneficial?
  • Oliver1987
    I divided also.. am really confused.
  • 80sGuitarSolo
    80sGuitarSolo Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Cortez, I had exactly the same fgures as you :001_smile:
  • nikdan123
    i said it wasnt beneficial cos they had budgeted the selling price at 300 and it was actually 275..is this wrong?
  • sam123
    In part B after wastage and opening/closing stock I left it in cm2.

In part C I divided my answer to B by 10,000.

Yeh sorry, i meant divide not multiply. You got the same as me then mate.
  • Cortez
    hunter wrote: »
    I converted sq cms to sq metres, then:

Total sq mtres
    Less opening stock
    add closing stock
    then the wastage

I think that mite have been an error on my part, did anyone else do the same or have i fluffed it badly!!! hope not cos I thought the paper was generally ok.

I did it differently to that I think.

For material usage budget I had:
    Material required for production budget
    Add wastage
    = Total material required

Then for purchases budget I had:
    Total material required
    Less opening stock
    Add closing stock
    = Total material to purchase

Not sure whether that's right or not though.
  • mowzer
    What did everyone put for the question ... advise whether the change in selling price was beneficial?
    I said no but could be if costs were lower for customer loyalty reasons, bigger share of market etc. probably all nonsense!

I'm now scared that its all wrong tho cos it said turnover not production volume!
Privacy Policy