pcr - does anyone else think this was a horrible exam!!

phoebe
phoebe Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
i know we can't discuss details yet but aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh horrible exam! was 3rd to leave with only 1/2 left so hoping everyone thought so too!
xx
ยซ134567

Comments

• lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    i thought section 2 was pretty straight forward, but section one was in one word challenging, quite hard but fingers crossed i did enough
  • lorraine
    when i left there were still quite a few peeps in the room
  • laurenw
    laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    I agree, the exam was horrid :-(.

I thought BTC would be the worse not PCR!!!

Section 1 was awful but section 2 was ok, quite straight forward.
  • bigmuggsy
    bigmuggsy Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor โญ
    An horrific exam, what have we done to deserve the PEV and PCR this year!!
  • coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
    I thought section 1 was horrible too - how can they justify changing things so much from the textbooks that we learn from, the past exams and that horrible lot!?!
    I honestly wasn't worried about PCR, but now I've convinced myself that I've failed! And I've had no trouble with this unit - just this poxy exam!
  • lorraine
    two months is too long to wait for the results! - be nice to find out sooner!
  • Ozzy
    Ozzy Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hoping for the best

I thought Section 1 was very challenging, it wasnt a really fair paper in regards to section 1. Section 2 was straight forward. I'm dredding this:crying:
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Waaaaaay harder than PEV, section 1 was nasty.
  • lorrfish
    lorrfish Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Its funny how everyone agrees on exams - section 1 was horrible section 2 was ok. I too thought I was ok with it but that exam was nothing like the practice exams. I just didn't know what they wanted, this exam is supposed to be the easiest - b*****ks! I have defo failed this one.:thumbdown:
    Hope everyone else passes though.
    Lor
  • Ozzy
    Just to Clarify

There was at least 90% of 43 students still in the exam when the clock was up!!!! I wanted to write so much more! :crying::crying:
  • Ozzy
    Wooo

If Everyone thought Section 1 was difficult then the examiners should take this into account if they are reading, surely there's some sort of procedure :001_unsure:
  • Don
    Don Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Section 1 was very difficult I thought. Section 2 was straight foward. The examiners have certainly went to work on us this year.

Both PEV AND PCR ive been there until the end.
  • laurenw
    laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    Everyone was still in the exam until the end, no-one left early, not one person!!

Roll on 3pm, i want to know if anyone got the same answers as me :-)
  • Don
    Don Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Can somebody tell me if I will get penalised for the way I structured my section 1. I didnt do the quarters along the top thing, I just answered by working everything out from left to right and answered each quarter like seperate questions. Will this get me marks deducted ??
  • carjon
    carjon Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I sat this exam in a room on my own, section 1 really threw me, section 2 not too bad but wasn't sure 2.2 hadn't heard of what they were asking, complete fail there for me and that's my second bash at it, I agree totally different to other papers I have been revising with. Kept writing for the whole 3hrs 15 mins, it's dissapointing when you work so hard to be faced with a paper like that and know you have failed again, third time lucky in December I hope.
    They have been very tuff on us this year with PCR and PEV, good luck everyone !
  • Ozzy
    I think Section 1 wasnt impossible, but it needed alot of thinking time, which wasnt fair as i was looking ahead thinking i need to allocate some time for section 2, draining my section 1 answers! :(:ohmy:

Hoping for the best for everyone here looks like we are in the same boat
  • connora
    connora Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    What the hell was section 1 looking for? i tied myself up in knots trying to answer it and eventually ran out of time! think everyone is of the same opinion, can't wait to see the chief assessors report! thought section 2 was ok but i was so exhausted from section 1!! :mad2:
  • Alison
    Alison Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I am gutted!!! Messed up this exam big time!! Just couldnt get my head around section 1 therefore couldnt carry on!! Totally dissapointed in myself!! Definately failed what a waste of time! :thumbdown::crying::crying:
  • ChloeGee
    ChloeGee Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I've sat, PEV, BTC and DFS already this week and thought they were relatively ok so walked into the PCR room this morning feeling quite confident and pleased with myself.. Then to be faced with that.
    What the hell was up Section 1? I always thought PCR would be the easiest of the five exams but now I'm starting to think that if I've failed any of them it will be that one.
    I thought the wording was quite ambiguous and there wasn't much clear guidance and structuring as you are normally used to in past PCR papers.
    I had to keep rereading the questions to try and understand exactly what they wanted!! :crying:
  • carjon
    carjon Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi Alison, bloody sickening ain't it, I hope the examiners do take a look at feedback on here and think twice about stressing us all out next year with tasks that are not 1 bit easy to understand.
    Did you sit the costing aswell ? Did you find section 2 in there complete nonesense to understand, I think if the majority of us fail we should boycott AAT............
  • ani-ari
    ani-ari Registered Posts: 15 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Exam was very badly thought.

At first they give you 4 quarters,then ask you for 3 quarters,then task 1,2 ask again for 4 quarters ???????.
    Horrid,nasty ,very confusing but I did (atempted ) every question on it.

I never felt an exam,and alawys finished early .But not this one,I was the whole 3 hours and 15 minutes inside trying to get it done.
    It was hard and challenging.
    Good luck everybody.:001_wub:
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    I agree with all of you!! Section 1 was horrendous and 2.2 - we hadn't covered most of that! I was feeling ok up until today - and like most of you thought it would be ok!!! How wrong was I??!! Possibly roll on december!! Although if everyone has not done that well - they will probably lower the pass rate as I believe they have to have a certain number of students to pass!! here's hoping!!

I usually finish in about 2 hours - but this one took me 2 1/2 until i gave up and decided i was NOT going to look at it anymore! I had an answer for every question and decided to stop there otherwise I would start redoing the whole paper!!
  • Ozzy
    Wooo

I agree with Immense, as if everyone had mixed answers they should lower the pass rate, all credit for people who think they've got the whole of section 1 correct (!) but lets see what happens

I wouldnt talk about any answers e.g above post until 3pm UK standard time i think....

:ohmy:
  • tamworth
    tamworth Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Did anyone notice the typo on the first task? I did the first section, only to realise I think I did it wrong, and had to re-do section 1.
  • lorraine
    wat was the typo?
  • lorraine
    sorry il wait til 3
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    No??!! What typo?? You will have to tell me after 3pm uk time!!
  • lorraine
    sorry forgot!, im drinkin cider! i think its takin effect!
  • tamworth
    tamworth Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    It may have just been me. I think I just read the question wrong or I did it wrong. We'll discuss in 14 mins
  • Ozzy
    Hi This may Help

This may help

In the meantime, if you want to pass on your opinions on the paper you've just done, we'd love to hear from you. We've set up feedback questionnaires for every paper which you can access here: http://www.aat.org.uk/surveys/examsstudentfeedback/

(got this from a post from the moderator) The cheif Examiner must get the results from this..?:thumbup1:
Privacy Policy