Options
gini76
gini76 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
awful... everything was different.. Im totally upset studied so hard

Comments

• Brownie3
    Brownie3 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    The new format was strange tbh, but once you got your head around it, I thought it was ok.

Some of the calculations were more complex then the previous years, but less theory.
  • gini76
    Options
    to be honest i preer the other layout. It was a bit unfair to totally change the whole layout. The second section " revised" was very confusing
  • Brownie3
    Options
    I think many people will think they did bad, but probably did ok.

The new layout will have made some people panic, but really they just asked the same questions.

Plus, surely the pass rate will be reduced if people have generally struggled?
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I thought it was very complex to start but once you read all the information and absorbed it - It made more sense - Lots of calculations tho - My brand new pen - Ran out!
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Because I wrote so much - Not because it was faulty - Or maybe it was ?..........................
  • moggy
    moggy Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    PCR Dec 08

http://forums.aat.org.uk/images/smilies/set1/thumbdown.gif
    Thought PCR was very nasty to say the least. Format of questions totally different, thought for a moment I had been given a PEV paper. Will definetly be doing a resit come June, again, it will be my third time. Feel very deflated to say the least and I am not impressed at the change of format or question style.:cursing:
  • gini76
    Options
    i dont think it was difficult i just think it threw me and all my class off. I nearly walked out once i calmed down i did the paper.. i havnt passed but i tried my best. The revised bit got me :(
  • Brownie3
    Options
    What would you have preferred, that paper, or the June 08 paper, which was terrible, and ultimately cost the examiner his job!
  • moggy
    Options
    Comparing the two papers ie dec against june i would have chosen junes paper. I was going to walk out after 25 minutes but stayed and gave it my best shot. Thought there was far too much information to absorb about the questions. Revising past revision papers did not help either as I expected it to flow the same. Never mind another exam payment to make.
  • bdthomas
    bdthomas Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Must say I strangely enjoyed this exam - it was challenging and agree that initially I was terrified by the layout of the paper but other than that, I don't feel there was anything on there that was completely out of the blue!!
  • monka
    monka Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i just sat PCR and i feel very upset. can someone tell what figures you used for openning and closing stock in 1.2?
  • moggy
    Options
    Not aware that the examiner lost his job over junes pcr paper, is that for real?
  • moggy
    Options
    cant discuss any questions till 3.oopm!!
  • ambitious
    ambitious Banned User Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I know this was done by a new examiner - mentioned on another thread - so hence the layout change. I had to read things twice before I did it. But I thought it was ok. Just a bit "different" than the previous exams. Definitely ate my near 3 hours exam time to do though.
  • andrewtdk
    andrewtdk Registered Posts: 150 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i founnd the exam to be ok but there were way more questions than normal, there were a lot of places to potentially go wrong but with so many questions i suppose they cant be worth all that many marks each
  • renae
    renae Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I would have liked the June 08 paper - revised that last night & did well!

I think the PCR paper was horrid, we were told that a new examiner can't change that much in one paper - what a load of rubbish. Like most other people, I thought I was in a PEV exam, but when one student left the class crying after 15mins...I knew I was in trouble.

Not sure I can cope with doing any more of this, all of it seems so corporate & tasks that I would never be asked to do..manually.
  • gini76
    Options
    i prfer june 2008 for sure.... you cant just go change the whole exam in from 2003 to 2008 exams have been the same layout now they change. sorry but its unfair.
  • renae
    renae Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I'm with you gini, & when I fail I will def. be appealing!
  • Brownie3
    Options
    The June 08 paper was ripped to shreads at the meeting 2 weeks ago, he was replaced after that exam. Normally the examiner has many years to establish himself, he was there for 2 years.

If you look at the June 08 paper, section 1.2, with the 4 different answers, it was truely naff!
  • Brownie3
    Options
    Appealing against what?

The result, or the paper?
  • gini76
    Options
    well i sugesst those who wernt happen and there are 30 of us in my class we complain. Im fed up of studying my ass of for ages and then some guy decides to lump us with a christmas present becuase hes in a bad mood.

no way totally unfair and its not why i started doing this
  • bdthomas
    bdthomas Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I cant understand why everyone is stressing :confused1: The exam layout was very different and took a while to get round but it tested all the same concepts all the previous papers have, just in a different fashion!! Anyone who had understood all the previous papers should with a bit of thought have got round the obstacle of the layout of the paper.
  • Brownie3
    Options
    Spot on!

It tested what it was mean't to test, this is Technician level, rote learning of the past papers shouldn't be a basis for the future ones.
  • Pigpen
    Options
    There were definitely some spanners chucked in there to test your knowledge and some of the wording was a bit suspect but it did make you look for the answers as opposed to just churning them out - Maybe thats what he was aiming for - My brain hurts but I feel quite positive - Sorry to hear some people aren't :crying:
  • zebs
    zebs Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    so yes i get it, it was testing what it was supposed to test, but in my opinion, some of the calcs were in the wrong order and there were alternative answers because of that. It was just more ambigious than any of the others..... plus it was a different format, and to be honest, you could have revised every past paper twice and still be completely thrown by it.

Also, i think it is really mean to change stuff so drastically, a bit at a time yes but so much at once - bit mean!
  • gini76
    Options
    everyone is entitled to their opinion. Im not saying i found it hard but it threw me off. I wont pass becuase i didnt understand the second part "the revised " i tried my best im just annoyed as all the other past papers did went fine. I understand the concept. Just not the way they were askiing.
  • Brownie3
    Options
    The 2nd part didn't change that much did it?

I appreciate they put the 2 x Budgets seperate from the Actual, but the rest was as before?
  • gini76
    Options
    the second part was fine. its the first part im moaning about... but they are marked as 2 separate sections which is why im failing for sure
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Zebs - I think you are referring to section 1 - But there was an apparent reason for the calculations being in the order they were in, included in the text - We just can't discuss the reasons why yet
  • gini76
    Options
    zebs wrote: »
    so yes i get it, it was testing what it was supposed to test, but in my opinion, some of the calcs were in the wrong order and there were alternative answers because of that. It was just more ambigious than any of the others..... plus it was a different format, and to be honest, you could have revised every past paper twice and still be completely thrown by it.

Also, i think it is really mean to change stuff so drastically, a bit at a time yes but so much at once - bit mean!
    ditto
Privacy Policy